Can't stop notification on google nest hub & mini...

2023-11-01 21:56:41 - last edited 2023-11-03 09:09:06
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Goodevening,

I have a problem with the C110 indoor camera.

It is located in the baby room and I cannot deactivate notifications...each time the cam detects movement, person detection, crying baby I got a notification thru my google devices and android phone.

Even if the 'notifications' is disabled in the setting of the camera.

The only way to get no notifications is als to disable the 'detection'....but than the camera will not register movement that I can see on the SD.

I have also a C100 cam, and it gives no problem. When disable the 'notification' in the menu, the cam register movement ( when enabled) but does not send me notifications.

I am not working in the cloud, only a SD card is present.

Normally it has to record movement, baby crying... if activated, but send me no notifications when these are disabled??

Can someone explaine please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't stop notification on google nest hub & mini...-Solution
2023-11-02 10:32:56 - last edited 2023-11-03 09:09:06

@Solla-topee 

Hello, thanks for the reply!

1:  disable the notification on cam device settings (no use of home/away functions)

2: Time and date live view correct.

3: Not connected, only using a SD card and integrated in Google Home.

I now managed to get no more notifications on the google speakers and hubs...have these devices in their nmenu set to 'Not disturb'

It seems that the 'notification' in the cam nenu not work with the google devices unless you set each google device in their own menu on 'not disturb'

It works now for me.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't stop notification on google nest hub & mini...
2023-11-02 03:56:29

@thommypan 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. Generally, if you have disabled the notification feature on the camera's Device Settings>Notifications page, you won't receive the detection notifications about the camera.

Please help confirm the following information about the notification issue.
1) Do you turn off the Tapo C110 notification feature by going to the camera's Device Settings>Notification page or by tapping the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app>Cameras tab?

2) Is the time and date on the Tapo C110's Live View page correct? 

3) If the Tapo C110 is connected to a NAS/NVR via RTSP/ONVIF stream, please disconnect them for a try.

4) Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page to ensure the detection types are enabled as desired, then go to the Notifications page to ensure it's disabled. Then please reproduce the notification issue 2-3 times, go to the Tapo app>Me>Help & Feedback>Cameras>Feedback>select your camera, tap Next >type forum ID 636928, select Add System logs and Send App Log>tap Send Feedback to send us the log files to try to locate the issue.
Note: please send me a private message once you have sent us the logs.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Can't stop notification on google nest hub & mini...-Solution
2023-11-02 10:32:56 - last edited 2023-11-03 09:09:06

@Solla-topee 

Hello, thanks for the reply!

1:  disable the notification on cam device settings (no use of home/away functions)

2: Time and date live view correct.

3: Not connected, only using a SD card and integrated in Google Home.

I now managed to get no more notifications on the google speakers and hubs...have these devices in their nmenu set to 'Not disturb'

It seems that the 'notification' in the cam nenu not work with the google devices unless you set each google device in their own menu on 'not disturb'

It works now for me.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't stop notification on google nest hub & mini...
2023-11-03 09:09:02

@thommypan 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your update and case sharing, and glad to hear the case is solved.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 3

Related Articles