Do Tapo cameras work just in the region they produced for? device can only be controlled locally

Do Tapo cameras work just in the region they produced for? device can only be controlled locally

2024-01-04 09:00:17
Model: Tapo C212  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi.

I set up my Tapo C212 camera but I have the problem that the device can only be controlled locally.

I tried all the early well-known steps, such as setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8, setting a simple password, trying with a different router, ISP, ...

Nothing works.

There is also no filter, firewall or parental control on the routers I used.

The camera has been bought from Europe, but it is currently being used in Iran.

I was wondering if the cameras function just in the region they are produced for?

So, a camera produced for the European market is not going to work in other regions than Europe? Or is there some other limitations here?

I got the log file of the camera and inside the log I found that the camera is not able to get a valid token.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Do Tapo cameras work just in the region they produced for? device can only be controlled locally
2024-01-05 09:10:33

@tech_cam  
Hi,
Usually, the region won't limit the camera Tapo C212 to connect to the internet to work. However, we do not recommend purchasing the product in a different region, since the product may not be powered on properly or connected to a suitable wireless channel, etc., and we do not provide an international warranty either.

For the local-only issue of the Tapo C212, please help check:
1) The MAC address of the camera.
2) The TP-Link ID(email address) you used to log in to the Tapo app.
You can send me the MAC address and TP-Link ID via a private message.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Do Tapo cameras work just in the region they produced for? device can only be controlled locally
2024-01-08 08:23:50

@tech_cam 

Hi,
Thank you for the information updates via private message. I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-18 12:31:36

@Solla-topee 

hi

i have the same issue with my tapo c200

i did everything 

reboot

changin the wifi

and more but nothing worked and it just works locally even with another wifi

can you please help me? 

Options
2024-03-19 08:49:41

@rojanm 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you fail to control the camera remotely.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. The LED status on the Tapo C200.

2. What's the model number of your router? Is the camera connected to it via Wi-Fi directly?
Confirm the Firewall rules, Access Control, and Parental Control entries on your router are disabled if there is one.

3. Send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of your Tapo C200 via a private message.

Best Regards

Options