How to operate the camera without internet?

2024-01-20 17:55:40 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:57:01
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have low upload. How can I operate the camera tapo C500 without internet? I have SD card installed.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to operate the camera without internet?-Solution
2024-01-22 08:22:46 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:57:01

@Sofi1111 

Hi,
If you want the camera to record videos to the inserted SD card when it has no internet access, please refer to the steps below.
1. Set up the Tapo camera via the Tapo app and connect it to a Wi-Fi network with an internet connection.

2. Configure the detection feature and local storage feature on the Tapo app for your camera.
How to use detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app?

3. You can change your Wi-Fi settings or turn it off, and the camera will disconnect from the internet, the features such as notifications, sync time, etc. will no longer work, but the detection and the local storage feature will remain work. 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to operate the camera without internet?-Solution
2024-01-22 08:22:46 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:57:01

@Sofi1111 

Hi,
If you want the camera to record videos to the inserted SD card when it has no internet access, please refer to the steps below.
1. Set up the Tapo camera via the Tapo app and connect it to a Wi-Fi network with an internet connection.

2. Configure the detection feature and local storage feature on the Tapo app for your camera.
How to use detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app?

3. You can change your Wi-Fi settings or turn it off, and the camera will disconnect from the internet, the features such as notifications, sync time, etc. will no longer work, but the detection and the local storage feature will remain work. 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options