Banner to continue watching every five minutes - LAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-01 20:58:56
Model: Tapo C212  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Although I only have one device watching the camera through the app, every 5 minutes a banner saying, "You have watched the live video for five minutes without any operation. continue watching? (and this two options)Cancel. Continue" (in Spanish) appears to me to continue playing the video or not, which is very uncomfortable, because I want to continue watching, obviously.

The TP Link Tapo app version is 3.2.515 (8 Jan 2024)

It doesn't matter if you press continue or cancel, after five minutes the banner appears again. Is there a way to remove that banner?

Another question. I have the camera connected by LAN cable and Wi-Fi, is there any option for it to only work via LAN cable?

Thank you so much.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Banner to continue watching every five minutes - LAN connection
2024-02-02 08:07:50

@moredogthanfog  

Hi,
1. Usually, if your phone and the camera are connected to the same network, you can stream the camera continuously. You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you have a problem streaming the camera continuously locally.
Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

2. If you want the camera to work via LAN cable only, you can disable the Wi-Fi network on your home, or change the Wi-Fi name to a different one, then the camera will disconnect to the Wi-Fi network and work on the ethernet connection only.

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-02 08:16:47

@Solla-topee  I did everything that says the link below and still happens. It's very annoying.

TP Link should improve that...

Thanks

Options
2024-02-02 13:00:07

@moredogthanfog 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the reported case.
1. Please describe your network diagram, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))((( Tapo cameras, phones, etc.
Are your phone and the camera connected to the same router? What's the IP address on your phone and Tapo camera?

2. You can try to install a Ping tool app on your phone and check if you can ping the camera's IP address successfully if they are under the same network.

3. Please send me a time, date, and time zone when you see the 'Continue banner'.

Best Regards

Options