How to delete/remove areas from a map?

2024-03-21 15:57:49 - last edited 2024-03-26 03:47:41
Tags: #Map
Model: Tapo RV30  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Just set up my brand new RV30 and whilst mapping the house it has randomly included some "outside" areas that it could see through the glass doors of my kitchen/conservatory. I have tried mapping it from scratch again but it did exactly the same. Is there any way of removing these random areas from the map? Clearly it can't access them to clean but it makes the map look messy and I'd rather not have them there for completeness!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to delete/remove areas from a map?-Solution
2024-03-25 02:48:58 - last edited 2024-03-26 03:47:41

@JMNathan 

When the robot vacuum is mapping an area, it can scan and reach areas that may not be visible to the human eye, such as under the bed or sofa. However, if there is a glass door, it is normal for the robot vacuum to scan the outside area as well.

If this becomes a concern for you, it is recommended to cover the glass door during the mapping process and remove the cover once the mapping is complete.

Currently, editing the map is not supported. The map drawing relies on the robot's actual scanning of the environment.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to delete/remove areas from a map?-Solution
2024-03-25 02:48:58 - last edited 2024-03-26 03:47:41

@JMNathan 

When the robot vacuum is mapping an area, it can scan and reach areas that may not be visible to the human eye, such as under the bed or sofa. However, if there is a glass door, it is normal for the robot vacuum to scan the outside area as well.

If this becomes a concern for you, it is recommended to cover the glass door during the mapping process and remove the cover once the mapping is complete.

Currently, editing the map is not supported. The map drawing relies on the robot's actual scanning of the environment.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to delete/remove areas from a map?
2024-03-25 10:31:58

@Wayne-TP Thanks for the response. It's not really feasible for me to cover the windows as it's an entire section of glass (not just a single door) so for now I'll just mark it as a no go area. Similarly, when mapping the upstairs of my house it's generated an entire section where the stairs are and it can see down through the bannisters - I have added this as a no go area too, just in case it decides to try flying off the stairs!

It would be really useful to have the ability to manually edit some elements of the maps. In my kitchem, despite all units being the same heights off the ground it has decided it can only fit under one set of units, the others it decides to ignore despite clearly being able to fit under. I'd love to be able to "force" it under them as the bit by the pelmet is what I'd most love it to get to!

Options
Re:How to delete/remove areas from a map?
2024-03-26 06:02:12

@JM内森 

I would recommend raising a feature request about it, and share your use case there. Feature Request

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 115

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles