C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection

2024-04-15 09:39:57 - last edited 2024-04-17 07:28:03
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.13

Hi,

I noticed yesterday that my cam is not recording the motion detection events as usual.

I have changed nothing in terms of settings or software and the SD card showing 'Good' in settings.

The Tapo app is up todate and the firmware is the latest.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

N.B. : I can record manually within the live view.

Thanks in advance 

Mohmaher 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection-Solution
2024-04-16 13:09:04 - last edited 2024-04-23 03:52:08

Update on April 23, 2024.

Hi All,
If you are using an iOS device, and the motion detection feature on the Tapo C200 is not working after updating the firmware, it's recommended to go to the App Store to download the latest Tapo app(V3.3.109 or above) and go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page to ensure the detection types and detection zones are configured correct(it's suggested to remove the existing detection zones and add a new one), then check if the detection feature will work fine.

If the problem remains, please help confirm:
1. The MAC address of your Tapo C200. You can send the MAC address to me(@Solla-topee) via a private message.

2. Send us a picture of the camera's Device Settings>Detection page and a picture of the Motion Detection page. If you have enabled the Notification feature, please check if you have received the motion-detected notification and if there are motion-detection video clips created.

3. Go to the Tapo app> Cameras tab> Home mode and Away mode to check if your configurations, especially the Detection feature, are configured correctly.
Whether the problem happen after you press the Home/Away mode?

4. You can try to factory reset the camera and reconfigure it to check if the problem will be solved.

How to set up the Tapo camera?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-17 12:04:24 - last edited 2024-04-17 17:32:13

Okay, so if the firmware update screwed things up then the logical thing to do is to undo the update, right? I found a way to downgrade the firmware: https://github.com/nervous-inhuman/tplink-tapo-c200-re/issues/4 Scroll down to the link with a list of firmwares, select one for your device (for example, mine is C200 V3) and follow the SD card method for downgrading the firmware. I can't yet confirm whether it fixed the issues for me because I use the camera at night and it'll be quite a while before I know whether motion detection works again, but I can at least say that the downgrade procedure worked and I'm now running version 1.3.8. Also, if you do downgrade, don't forget to turn the auto update off in the app settings.

Recommended Solution
Options
47 Reply
Re:C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection
2024-04-15 21:24:59 - last edited 2024-04-15 21:25:23

I have the same problem, at night the detection is less good since version 1.03.13

Options
2024-04-16 10:47:15

Same, the 1.3.13 update completely ruined motion detection. It barely recognizes movement, misses like 90% of events and the few instances it does catch are very much incomplete. Reboots, resets, SD card reformats... nothing works. 😠

Options
2024-04-16 13:09:04 - last edited 2024-04-23 03:52:08

Update on April 23, 2024.

Hi All,
If you are using an iOS device, and the motion detection feature on the Tapo C200 is not working after updating the firmware, it's recommended to go to the App Store to download the latest Tapo app(V3.3.109 or above) and go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page to ensure the detection types and detection zones are configured correct(it's suggested to remove the existing detection zones and add a new one), then check if the detection feature will work fine.

If the problem remains, please help confirm:
1. The MAC address of your Tapo C200. You can send the MAC address to me(@Solla-topee) via a private message.

2. Send us a picture of the camera's Device Settings>Detection page and a picture of the Motion Detection page. If you have enabled the Notification feature, please check if you have received the motion-detected notification and if there are motion-detection video clips created.

3. Go to the Tapo app> Cameras tab> Home mode and Away mode to check if your configurations, especially the Detection feature, are configured correctly.
Whether the problem happen after you press the Home/Away mode?

4. You can try to factory reset the camera and reconfigure it to check if the problem will be solved.

How to set up the Tapo camera?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-16 13:24:23

@Solla-topee 

1. See foto, Do you have an email address so I can send you the photos?

2.I did not activate the notification but that does not change anything because the camera records movements on an SD card

3.how do you want me to show you a movement not detected by the camera at night? I know that it does not detect it because my dog ​​moves around in space and the camera only detects movement at a distance of 90cm since the soft update and before it detected up to the limit of view...

I saw on the internet that other people have the same problem since soft version 1.3.13!!!

Options
2024-04-16 13:24:42

@Solla-topee 

Hi Solla,

I receive notifications successfully upon motion detection, the only problem that the cam does not record the event on the SD card as it used to do before.

I think this happened after the latest firmware update, as I didn't change any setting since then.

Please find attached the snapshots.

Motion

Options
2024-04-16 13:26:37 - last edited 2024-04-16 13:27:45

@Solla-topee 

the problem is just at night and not during the day

Options
2024-04-16 13:32:06
For me it is not recording at all night and day although it detects the motion event and sends me notifications. I think this is because of either the cam firmware update or the Tapo app update.
Options
2024-04-16 18:19:38

@Solla-topee 

I don't usually use the notifications but I did turn them on after the issues started to figure out whether the camera simply wasn't recording but did detect motion (in which case there'd be a notification without motion activity being recorded) or if it didn't sense motion to begin with. Turns out it's the latter - I do get notifications when motion is detected, but the issue is that detection barely works anymore. It's a small animal pet camera for me, being used at night, and it used to detect motion well, recorded ~20 events per night, now it's barely 5. I can sit there and watch him being active in the live view, but the camera doesn't detect or record these events. And the few ones it does detect are incomplete, meaning the detection/recording starts well after the beginning of an event and/or cuts out prematurely. I can post evidence of that later when I've recorded some. As I said, these issues started immediately after the firmware update and I've tried rebooting and resetting the camera several times to no effect. This is without a doubt caused by the update.

Options
2024-04-16 18:20:17

Options
2024-04-16 23:56:05
I am also facing the same issues. Bought three units of C200. After the update, everything goes wrong.
Options