C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection

C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection

47 Reply
Re:C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection
2024-04-19 10:10:24

@Solla-topee 

I think the explanation didn't come across correctly. The problem is not the bad configuration at the parameter level because before it worked (Before version 1.3.13).

During the day, no problem. But the problem occurs during the night!!!! No motion detection or detection recording.

There is a real problem with this new firmware, and Tplink must find a solution and not hide behind laboratory tests.

We also notice that a lot of people are complaining about the same problem so it's not a configuration problem....

If this was a configuration problem, the problem will also be present during the day!!!! I repeat it once again as soon as total darkness has fallen and the device switches to night vision mode, all motion detection no longer works....

Options
2024-04-19 10:39:19

@Rizza-V 

I believe that further discussions about the issue is a waste of time.

If you search on the net you will find that it is a common problem and lot of users are complaining about this faulty new firmware update, and I am pretty sure that tplink knows this already.

I am disappointed because the support is poor and not frank and it is not acceptable that they use us as debuggers for the product specially if the problem is clear and common as I mentioned before.

And I agree with you that it is not a configuration problem and this was practically proven when I downgraded the firmware.

So for myself I will not send other snapshots here   and will not upgrade to the faulty firmware unless Tplink recognizes and admits that the 1.3.13 version had errors and releases a newer one with a listed bug fix.

Kind regards 

Options
2024-04-19 11:46:01
I have problems with both my C200 after receiving the 1.3.13 firmware. I am using the cameras as baby monitors and they can walk around in the room and there will be zero notification of movement. Before i received notifications when a finger moved. Please fix this asap! // Martin
Options
2024-04-23 04:02:03

@Rizza-V 

Hi,

If you have pressed the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app when entering night, it's recommended to update the Tapo app to 3.3.109 on the App Store, and check your detection settings after pressing the Home/Away mode, ensure the detection zones are configured correctly, then check if the detection feature will work fine.

Best Regards

Options
2024-04-23 04:03:48

@MartinNyberg 

Hi,

You can refer to the instructions here to troubleshoot.

Best Regards

Options
2024-04-23 04:38:29

@Solla-topee 

I wonder if you actually read the problems or do you not understand them? it is not the application of my iPhone which has a problem but firmware 1.3.13 of the tapo c200 camera because at night io no longer records any movement!!!!

Options
2024-04-23 08:15:51

@Rizza-V 

Hi,
We found that the new feature added on the new firmware(1.3.13) may cause the motion detection feature not to work in some specific usage scenarios, this is related to the existing settings configured on the Tapo app and the operation the customer did on the Tapo app, and we have released the new Tapo app on App Store to solve the issue. That's why I suggest you update the Tapo app to the new one for a try and check if you have pressed the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app then the detection feature is not working.
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-23 08:22:21

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

The problem arises for detection and recording at night and not during the day.
At night if you are at a distance of 1 meter, the camera detects and records a movement, beyond like 3 meters or 4 meters, it no longer detects anything and does not record.
This has nothing to do with the TAPO application. But the firmware.
And the sensitivity is set to maximum everywhere.

This does not happen with the TAPO C210 camera but with the TAPO C200 with this new Firmware 1.3.13.

Options
2024-04-23 08:57:23

@Rizza-V 

Hi,
I have escalated your case to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-24 06:03:50

@Solla-topee 

FYI I seem to be having the exact same issue. Same cam, same firmware version.

One day it just stopped recording motion events, especially in darkness it seems. A pretty serious issue for a product like this, so please escalate properly.

Best regards

Simon

Options