Using a T310 in my fteezer

Saturday - last edited Tuesday
Model: Tapo T310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I've recently started to monitor the temperature in our two freezers at home. The freezers are old, but they contain high-value stock (meat and fish) and I'd like to get a warning if they fail.

I am using them with a couple of H200 hubs.

Everything works brilliantly.

The freezers are set to -18 but they do fluctuate depending on outside temperature etc.

The problem I am having is the iPhone app only allows the "comfort" settings to go as low as -20. My T310 units occasionally report the temperature as -20.1 and trigger the app notification, whereas in reality it's only a problem if the freezer is too warm; if it's too cold it doesn't matter!

What I would love to see is a small change to the app to allow the comfort settings to be able to go to -25 or -30 or similar, rather than have a limit of -20. The T310 are rated to -20 so using them on a freezer is a genuine use-case.

Please can you give this some consideration.

Many thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using a T310 in my fteezer-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@Jimbob123 

T310's operating temperature range is -20℃ to 60℃. The lowest temperature you can set for the comfort zone will not be lower than -20℃.

Although the sensor's hardware can manage a wider temperature range, it is not suited for long-term use.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Using a T310 in my fteezer-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@Jimbob123 

T310's operating temperature range is -20℃ to 60℃. The lowest temperature you can set for the comfort zone will not be lower than -20℃.

Although the sensor's hardware can manage a wider temperature range, it is not suited for long-term use.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Using a T310 in my fteezer
Tuesday

@Wayne-TP  yes that's my point. If the app could be changed to allow comfort range to go as low as -25 I would be able to switch on the alerts. Having -20 limit in the app seems arbitrary and unnecessary.

Options
Wednesday

@Jimbob123 

As i understand, it will be misleading if the comfort zone can be set lower than -20℃ despite the lowest operating temperature being -20℃. 

If the surrounding temperature is close to or approaching the minimum operating temperature range for the T310, and there is a high probability that the temperature will continue to decrease, then it is not advisable to use this sensor in that environment.

Options
20 hours ago

@Wayne-TP I'd be happy to run that risk. All I'm asking is for the limit in the app to be -25 instead of -20. That will allow me to do exactly what I'm hoping to achieve.

Options