Tapo C310 - MicroSD or camera failure?

2024-08-19 13:27:31
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi,

I have been having problems with one of my Tapo C310 cameras. I have not been able to access the videos on the MicroSD card and when I click on the camera it tells me I need to refresh, however selecting refresh does not work and I cannot access view the live video.

When I switch the camera on at the plug and back on I can momentarily gain access to the live video stream. I did this in order to enable diagnostics on the device. It appears that the MicroSD had been recording on a contunous loop fine up until 2 months ago (probably when the problem started) and since then has not recorded anything new on the MicroSD card.

I obtained the log today - though I am having issues uploading it onto this post, so please advice what I should share from the log.

The device is as close as it could possibly be to a router, so I know it's not a WiFi issue. I'm trying to work out whether it's a corrupt MicroSD causing the issue with the recording and wider issues with viewing the live video or if it is a camera issue (or both)?

I took out the MicroSD card just before posting this thread and it appears to be working okay and quicker than before but it's early days and there may be an issue with the camera itself accepting MicroSD card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 - MicroSD or camera failure?
2024-08-20 10:41:38

@bodegaboy 

Hi,
Please confirm the following information for the reported issue.

1. What's the model number, capacity, and format of your SD card? Can you share the purchase link to your SD card?

2. Is the microSD card working fine after take out from the camera and reinserted into the camera?

3. If the problem remains, please test the SD card with the H2testw tool and send me a picture of the test result.
How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards?
You can also try to back up the important video clips on your PC, then format the SD card, insert it into the camera, and check if it will work fine.

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-20 10:46:17

@Solla-topee it's a SanDisk 32gb micro SD card purchased from Tesco.

When I reinserted the micro SD card back into the camera it did not work properly.

It's definitely a legitimate SD card and had been working fine for over a year. I have the same SD card in my other camera which is working fine.

Okay, I will try to format the SD card and put it back into the camera.

Regarding the logs, is there any information that I can take from the logs and share with you or anything to search for?

Thanks

Options
2024-08-21 06:49:33

@bodegaboy 

Hi,
If the SD card has the same issue after you format and insert it into the camera, please send me the log for further analysis.
You can upload the log to your cloud server(such as Google Drive), then generate a link and send me(@Solla-topee) the link via a private message to download it. If you have not subscribed to the cloud service, please feel free to let me know.
Best Regards

Options
2024-08-21 07:06:44

@Solla-topee thank you - the issue remains the same. I will private message you the logs

Options
2024-08-21 10:10:10 - last edited 2024-08-21 10:10:49

@bodegaboy 

Hi,
1. After you format the SD card on your PC, are you able to write & read files on the SD card on your PC? 
After inserting the SD card into your camera, do you have a problem formatting it? Are there new video recordings stored on the SD card?

2. Does the camera's live feed always work after removing the SD card?

3. Since you can watch the camera's live feed after rebooting the camera, when will the problem happen again? Is there any operation to the camera before the issue occurs?

Btw, I have received the log file.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 1. I was able to format the micro SD card. Reading and writing files onto the micro SD was fine.

2. Yes, the live feed was working perfectly fine without the micro SD. I have only recently put the micro SD card into the camera and so far it is working as expected.

3. The issue with the live feed previously happened on the second attempt to view the live video, even if it was seconds after it was working.

I have put diagnostics on and I will monitor the camera in the next few days and post an update once the SD has or has not proved capable of loop recording.

Options
3 weeks ago

@bodegaboy 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your cooperation and attempt. Please feel free to contact us if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee the SD card is working as expected on loop recording, following the format on my PC.

I'm still unclear what caused this problem but everything is working as expected now!

Options
2 weeks ago

@bodegaboy 

Hi,
Thank you for your cooperation and testing. Please continue to monitor the camera, and feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 215

Replies: 9

Related Articles