Come In / Come Out

Come In / Come Out

Come In / Come Out
Come In / Come Out
2024-08-30 13:46:12 - last edited 2024-09-06 07:45:20
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11 build 231115 rel 85532n (4555)

Hello,

The intelligent function who activate or deactivate things when i come in or out does not work.

I made all the settings to have an accurate geotracking, the update frequency to send gps infos is to the minimal possible, but no, nothing work.

In fact, the App doesn't know if i am In or Out...  

Is it still in development ?

Thanks.

TP-Link User... Camera - Plug - Switch
Options
9 Reply
Re:Come In / Come Out
2024-09-02 10:22:50

@J-C.G. 

Hi, 
If the smart action entries you have configured do not work, please describe your usage scenario and provide pictures of the detailed smart action entries you have configured for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-09-02 10:41:38

@J-C.G. 

Hello, this is the Automatisation I've done when i go out for exemple.

Options
2024-09-03 07:43:46

@J-C.G. 

Hi,
1. Have you enabled the Geofencing feature on the Tapo app>Me>Tapo Lab page?

2. The trigger of the smart action entry should be you bring this phone In or Out rather than bring other devices, please ensure the trigger of this smart action is correct.

3. On the Tapo app>Smart tab, if you tap the Page icon at the top right corner, you can see the Automation History. Please check if your automation entry takes effect.

Best Regards

Options
2024-09-03 09:25:22 - last edited 2024-09-06 07:45:20

@J-C.G. 

Thank you for your prompt answer @Solla-topee 

1 - 2 and 3, are OK ...

I deleted and then recreated the automations that didn't work.

The only thing i changed is : I created the 2 automations from scratch (the Plus icon), because before i made it from Recommended automation (the picture)...

And today it works... I'll see if in the next few days it still works.

Have a good day.

Options
2024-09-04 06:32:17

@J-C.G. 

Hi
Thank you for the case sharing, and please feel free to reply to us if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options
2024-09-05 13:59:59

@J-C.G. 

Hello,

in fact it doesn't work. The last time i had something in the history was 03 september... and since then, I've been out dozens of times and more than 15 kilometers away...

Well, i give up with this function. Because i'm sure it uses my battery without doing  what it's supposed to do...

Bad point for Tapo...  you better not propose functions if you are not sure they work...

Options
2024-09-06 09:46:29

@J-C.G. 

Hi, 
If you are willing to continue troubleshooting the issue, please confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. Send me a picture of your latest Come In or Come Out automation entry.

2. Click here to download the Tapo debug app, uninstall the Tapo app on your phone, and install the Tapo debug app, then log in to the Tapo debug app with your account to control the camera.

3. Please reproduce the issue, such as going out of your home to trigger the automation entry, and then record the specific date, time, and time zone when you trigger the automation entry. Then send me the time info.

4. Refer to the steps below to collect the app log and send it to me.
1) After the problem is reproduced, go to APP> Me>About, and click the Tapo icon 10 times on the About page (if it requests storage permission, please agree, so that the log can be saved to local storage on the phone), and the log will be imported to the mobile phone directory-TPLINK folder. 
2) You can click the Share button to send the log file to your email, and then send the log file to us.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@J-C.G. 

@Solla-topee  Thank you for your answer, but before installing the Debug App I tried another thing :

I am a user of Tailscale, and sometime it's connected, sometime it's not connected (on my mobile phone)

Two days ago I disconnected Tailscale, and I made tests "come in/come out"... with Tapo App,   and it works !

It means software like Tailscale (or Zerotier, or VPN ???) prevent Tapo from working properly...

Perhaps you can test yourself with tailscale (free version) and find a solution with TP-Link.

Now i see it works by completely disabling Tailscale, i will try to see if it works with Tailscale enabled but ticking "Tapo app" as exception in Tailscale parameters...

Hope it can help.

Options
3 weeks ago

@J-C.G. 

Hi,
Thank you for sharing, I'll forward your tips to the relevant team for a test. Please feel free to reply here if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 9

Related Articles