snapshots

snapshots

snapshots
snapshots
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased a C200 camera in February of this year along with 2 SD cards. The camera is set up at a loved one's residence. Everything was working fine until 4-6 weeks ago when the snapshots all disappeared. I replaced the SD card and all was fine up until now. The snapshots prior to 7pm on September 11 have all vanished as well the vertical bars (sorry I don't know the proper name) that show the time when the camera detects motion/personThe camera records 24/7.   How can this be fixed?

Options
7 Reply
Re: snapshots
a week ago

@Cookie-65 

Hi,
Please confirm the following information for the reported issue.

1. What's the model number, capacity, and format of the SD card inserted into the camera?

2. On the Tapo app > Camera's Device Settings > Storage & Recording page:
1) Go to the Local Storage page and send me a picture of it.
2) Go to the Recording Schedule page and send me a picture of it.

3. On the Tapo app > Camera's Live View > Playback & Download > Playback page, if you select the date before Sep 11 and then tap the SD card icon, can you see any video recordings?
Can you send me the pictures showing the reported issue?

Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee The SD card is a SanDisk Extreme, 128gb.  I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by the 'format' of the SD card.  The 2 cards I have were both formatted when I inserted them into the camera. 

When I try to upload the photos you requested, I get a message that "image source url is missing" so I'm unable to attach the pictures.

Local Recording: ON.

Local Storage: 114.05gb, loop recording.

Recording Schedule 24/7. 

I can see the recordings prior to September 11 however all the snapshots of every single event has disappeared.

File:
IMG_9688.PNGDownload
Options
a week ago

@Cookie-65 

Hi,
Usually, the snapshot will appear when the detection feature is enabled and works. 
In your case, please go to the camera's Device Settings > Detection page to check what detection types you have enabled.
Then ensure the Notification feature is enabled on the Device Settings page and go to the Tapo app > Home tab > Bell icon > camera page to check if you will receive notifications when the camera detects events.

If the detection feature is not working, you can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot.
What to do if the Detection feature is not working on the TP-Link Camera?

Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Device settings/detection: motion and person detection and notifications have always been on since I bought the camera in February.  They are working properly and are always on so this isn't the issue here.  As I stated in my first post, the camera worked fine up until 4-6 weeks ago.  I haven't changed anything in the app or settings.  The snapshots are disappearing randomly.  The camera is set up in a nursing home so it's imperative that I get this remedied.

Options
a week ago

@Cookie-65 

Hi,
In this situation, if you can watch the video recordings on Sep 11, 2024, and prior to Sep 11, but all snapshots on the Tapo app > Camera's Live View > Playback & Download >Playback page disappear, please refer to the following steps to record a video showing the reported issue for further analysis.

1. On the Tapo app > Home tab > Bell icon > camera notification page, please find the one or two received Person-detected and Motion-detected notifications before Sep 11, 2024, 7:00 PM, and record the received date and time.

2. Go to the Camera's Live View > Playback & Download >Playback page, select the date to Sep 11, 2024, click on the SD card icon, slide on the timeline, and find the video recordings according to the time recorded on Setp 1.
Then you can use another phone to record or turn on your phone's Screen Recorder feature to record that there are motion/person detected and video recorded but no snapshot displayed.
You can upload the video to your cloud server(such as Google Drive), generate a link to download the video and send me the link via a private message.

What's the model number and OS version of your phone? What's your Tapo app version? 

Best Regards

Options
Thursday

@Cookie-65

Same here im using c210. i suspect is the firmware version 1.3.11 Build 231117 Rel.36789n(4555)

detected events were still ok until 7Sep. anything after that there's no more detected events. refer to screenshot below. can someone help?

Options
Thursday

@Niler 

Hi, 
When the problem happens, whether the snapshots under the timeline disappear? 

Please refer to the instructions below to collect the camera log, and let me know when you have the log file. I'll escalate your case to the tech team for further analysis.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera

Btw, what's the model number, capacity, and format of your SD card?

Best Regards

Options