Scrambled Maps

Scrambled Maps
Scrambled Maps
2024-02-10 03:01:09 - last edited 2024-03-19 02:06:08
Tags: #Map
Model: Tapo RV30 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought the RV30 Plus recently and set up the map including virtual walls and no go zones, as well as created a daily schedule (one whole house cleaning in the morning and a specific room cleaning in the evening) for the vacuum. For context, i stay in a single floor house, so there are no stairs or multiple levels.

While the vacuum worked well initially, after a few days (sometimes after about 4 days, sometimes as short as within a day), the vacuum would fail to locate its location and recreate a new map. As the new map does not have the virtual walls and no go zones, the vacuum ends up getting stuck on obstacles. I then have to locate and move the vacuum and click "use this map" to revert to the original map. After reverting to the map, vacuum is somehow able to detect where it is.

This scrambling of maps is very annoying and making the vacuum quite useless. I never know when the map is going to be scrambled and constantly have to check. Often, I am not home during the time the cleaning is scheduled so I am only able to move the vacuum at night when I come home. I have checked that the firmware is updated and reset the vacuum countless times but it doesn't solve the issue at all. 

I saw that there were a similar post on the forum e.g. here but there doesn't seem to be a solution. It sounds like a firmware issue since the vacuum is able to detect its location once i manually revert to the original map. 

Is anyone looking into this issue? Otherwise, this is looking to be a waste of money.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Scrambled Maps-Solution
2024-03-18 02:47:26 - last edited 2024-03-19 02:06:08

@Wayne-TP Just to close the loop, there was no large obstacle or carpet. However, I wrote in to support who helped to develop a fix via a firmware update, and the issue has been fixed - haven't had any issues since.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Scrambled Maps
2024-02-19 03:17:51

@Dec32 

Do you have carpet or the occasional large obstacle in your home? A robot vacuum that gets stuck in a carpet and produces an idle may be mistaken for movement that has occurred, causing the device to redraw the map and the map to appear updated.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Scrambled Maps-Solution
2024-03-18 02:47:26 - last edited 2024-03-19 02:06:08

@Wayne-TP Just to close the loop, there was no large obstacle or carpet. However, I wrote in to support who helped to develop a fix via a firmware update, and the issue has been fixed - haven't had any issues since.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Scrambled Maps
2024-08-23 03:35:13

@Dec32  how did you get the firmware fixed? I've tried calling and they saod there would email me so I could email through a photo of the issue but no email came through :(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 732

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles