My Tapo C210 not accessable from external network

2024-07-30 10:33:18 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:59:29
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

I just Got my Tapo C210 Camera , it is working fine , but i can't reach it once i am outside home , once i get to an external network my camera disappears from the APP ,  i also can't share it with other TP-Link accounts 

my router is currently locked up with its DNS configuration , so i can't set up the router DNS to 8.8.8.8 , it that a must for both external network access and device sharing to another account ? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My Tapo C210 not accessable from external network-Solution
2024-07-31 11:17:32 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:59:29

@Gabry3000 

Hi,
It seems the camera is connected to the router's Wi-Fi name but not connected to the internet or our cloud server, so you can't control it remotely. In this situation, changing your router's DNS server may solve the issue, but if you can't do it, you can try other suggestions in the following instructions first.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Please confirm the following information if you need further assistance.
1. What's the model number of your router? Do you have internet when connecting to your router's Wi-Fi?
2. You can try to enable a hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, factory reset the camera, reconfigure it to connect to the hotspot Wi-Fi on a different phone, and then check if you can control it remotely.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:My Tapo C210 not accessable from external network-Solution
2024-07-31 11:17:32 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:59:29

@Gabry3000 

Hi,
It seems the camera is connected to the router's Wi-Fi name but not connected to the internet or our cloud server, so you can't control it remotely. In this situation, changing your router's DNS server may solve the issue, but if you can't do it, you can try other suggestions in the following instructions first.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Please confirm the following information if you need further assistance.
1. What's the model number of your router? Do you have internet when connecting to your router's Wi-Fi?
2. You can try to enable a hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, factory reset the camera, reconfigure it to connect to the hotspot Wi-Fi on a different phone, and then check if you can control it remotely.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:My Tapo C210 not accessable from external network
2024-07-31 11:38:06

@Solla-topee 

i am ordering a new router that supports DNS modification , will apply your recommended configuration and let you know the result , many thanks for your support 

Options
Re:My Tapo C210 not accessable from external network
2024-08-01 08:41:25

@Gabry3000 You are welcome~ smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 211

Replies: 3

Related Articles