Ac1350/Archer c59 as a Repeater dropping connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-05 04:19:00
Model: Archer C59  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm currently helping a friend set up a network in his garage, and we're using an Archer C59/AC1350 as a repeater/extender. The main router is also an Archer C59. Everything works for the most part, but every once in awhile the Xbox the is wired to the main router loses connection and the only l way to fix it is to restart the main router. Wireless connections seem to fine for the most part,  but sometimes phones lose connections for a second or two. Disconnecting the second router in the garage seems to fix the issue. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Some basic info

The router connected to the modem is now named Router #1 and the one in the garage will be named Router#2. Router #2 has it's 2.4Ghz disabled to just to reduce clutter and is connected to Router#1 via 5Ghz. There a Pc connected to Router #2 via ethernet that seems to be fine and stable. Thanks for any help or information, it's appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Ac1350/Archer c59 as a Repeater dropping connection.
2020-05-05 12:29:15
A few things to check. Is the firmware up to date? Is the Xbox the only wired device on router #1 and if not, does it have any issues? Try replacing the cable between the router and the Xbox. Also the cable between the modem and router #1. Look at the connector on the modem, router, and Xbox to see if you have a bent pins. Review the router and modem logs for issues at the time of the failure. If nothing found, try switching the two routers to see if the problem changes.
Options
2020-06-07 17:05:42

@ArcherC8 

I have the Archer c59 and its with its latest firmware of 2.0.1 Build 20170218 rel.79276.

The internet drops and when I look at the router and all the lights are off. So it appears it randomly reboots.

I am getting booted off games, zoom calls, work related connections, and streaming services. This router is brand new replacing an older TP Link that died and I never had problems with the previous Archer 9 router. I have the exact same setup as my old router.

Regards,

Ever

Options
2020-06-07 18:40:10

@crazyever36 I would try a diffrent power cord first, it's probably the simplest first step you could take. Next, try a different outlet.

Options
2020-06-08 13:32:17
Agree with Wackomojo sometimes it is the simple things. We have seen others use the old power adapter for their new router which caused an issue. Also using a UPS can cause issues when the battery is failing and of course power hits from the electric company as some electronics are more sensitive to power hits than others. Do review logs on the router and modem to see anything that may have happened at the time of the failure. Also did you old router die the same way?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1855

Replies: 4

Related Articles