m9 plus User Interface doesn't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-24 22:00:04
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

I just got a deco M9 Plus and was promised tons of features and settings and so far none of them are available or "where they should be." My biggest problem right now is that the app doesn't show info on connected devices like which deco they are connected to and which band they are on (2.4 or 5) and some other information. Searching around told me that that information can be found on the User Interface through a browser (192.198.68.1) and no matter what I try, I can not get into the user interface. I have connected directly to the deco with an ethernet cord, I have used the above IP (which is the same as the "LAN IP" found in the deco app), I've used other IP's I found online in tp-link help pages, I've tried setting up the DDNS, I've tried random web address found in tp-link help (i can't remember exactly but something like tplinkwifi.net and something else) etc etc etc. If you need more specific information please ask, my brain hurts and I can't even remember all the things I've tried. Not to mention this may just not be available "until a firmware update" to which I ask, when will that come? Because I'm not really wanting to sit around and wait for something that has been promised for over a year and still isn't available when I can just buy a different mesh system and return this. Other than not being able to see ANY useful details of my connected devices, I will admit the system works very well and I would like to continue to use it and not buy something else with other problems. 
  Any help is appreciated. Thank you

PS My ISP is ATT uverse and my modem is the standard ATT modem/router I can find the name if you need it. but I have IP passthrough set up and that's about all i changed on there. Oh and turned off the WiFi on the ATT device because I assume that should be off if my Deco is my wifi now.

Options
7 Reply
Re:m9 plus User Interface doesn't connect
2020-05-28 16:51:18

@BEinc on teh Deco app, under the overview tab, click on the internet globe and you will see each deco and their online status.  Clicking on each deco will list the devices connected and the current bandwidth of that deco.  I have not determined how to determine if they are connect on the 2.4 or 5. 

Options
2020-05-28 16:59:27

@BigEdTucsonAZ thank you for answering, I have seen those instructions in other answers too but I have tried that and nothing shows up. Just says deco is in good health. I'll attach a screenshot.  There are no devices listed under either Deco despite having over 25 devices connected right now. Remember this is an m9+ model not the m5.

thanks! 

Options
2020-05-28 20:16:05

@BEinc I have the M9 using Deco v1.10.5 app on Android and the Decos are firmware 1.3.0 build 20190821. 

File:
Screenshot_20200528-130732_Deco2.jpgDownload
Options
2020-05-28 20:17:55

@BEinc looks like your deco firmware is 1.2.  I believe v1.3 is when they introduced this feature

Options
2020-05-28 20:21:40

@BEinc I have the......   TP-Link Deco M9 Plus Tri-Band Wi-Fi System with Built-In Smart Hub, 3-pack

Options
2020-05-28 20:29:21

@BEinc sorry for the multiple posts.   Looks like you are on V2 of the hardware while I must be on V1.  https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/179488 

Options
2020-05-28 20:56:41

@BigEdTucsonAZ that's it! I think we (you) cracked it. It's v1 vs v2 (for others reading this trying to figure it out, the version is on the bottom of the deco unit). 

I didn't think a newer hardware model version would be released with less features than the old version but it looks like this is the case based on that thread you linked me to and a few others I found related to it. 

Unfortunately tp-link's official response is "this will be addressed in a firmware coming soon" which has been said for over 3 or 4 months. So I guess we sit and wait. If I could buy v1 I'd rather do that but I'm stuck with what I got now I guess. 

Thanks again for the help, I've been going insane here trying to figure out why some m9 users are able to do use the web interface and I can't. It's not a great answer but at least it's explaining my insanity! 

Thanks!! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1086

Replies: 7

Related Articles