Ethernet does not work when connected to Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-30 01:07:54
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a Deco M5 system set up using access point mode. I have a desktop that has one Deco M5 sitting near it and connected to it using the ethernet cable. It was all working fine, but I installed a new GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS MASTER motherboard. The new motherboard connects to the Deco M5 with its onboard wifi. The wired internet will work when connected directly to the ethernet port in my wall that connects to a router, but it will not work when connected to the Deco M5. Both ethernet cables work. The wired internet works when connected to a different computer. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Ethernet does not work when connected to Deco M5
2021-08-30 02:24:32

@nycjjam 

Hi, Did you mean the new PC with GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS MASTER motherboard works with wireless network from Deco, not wired Ethernet connection?

Could you please check the IP address on the PC when it is wired to the Deco and also try to ping the LAN IP of Deco and Google DNS 8.8.8.8?

By the way, what is the model number of your main router

Can I have a picture of the network topology of your whole network system?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-30 14:42:25

@TP-Link Yes, the new PC with GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS MASTER motherboard works with wireless network from Deco but not wired Ethernet connection. If I plug the PC directly into the router, the wired connection works.

Ping works fine when using the wireless connection, but does not work at all when I disable the wireless adapter and try to rely on the wired connection.

I am using a TP-Link Archer C9.

Here is a diagram:

Options
2021-08-31 00:51:31

@nycjjam 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

Please have a check of your email box.

By the way, Can I have a picture of the IP settings on the PC when an only wired connection is enabled, and also a few screen-shots about the ping test:

Options
2021-08-31 02:16:40

@nycjjam 

And I also find this on the internet to fix the issue that Ethernet media state is disconnected:

https://appuals.com/fix-media-state-media-disconnected-error/

Please check whether it helped or not.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 742

Replies: 4