Does Homeshield Basic Include Malicious Site Blocker and Intrusion Prevention

2022-08-14 23:56:51
Model: Deco XE75
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just upgraded my Deco network with XE75 units. Does Homeshield basic include both of the following without a subscription?

• Malicious Site Blocker

• Intrusion Prevention

The sites are very vague on this point. Not including them for free would give me the impression these routers don't provide basic firewall protection. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Does Homeshield Basic Include Malicious Site Blocker and Intrusion Prevention
2022-08-15 11:45:50

@Dawgfan Hi, Malicious Site Blocker and Intrusion Prevention are part of Real-time protection and it needs a subscription.

On the HomeShield Basic, it is allowed to manually add the blocked websites and content categories under Parental Control.

Best regards.

Please leave me a message if I haven't seen your post and your issue is quite urgent!
Options
Re:Does Homeshield Basic Include Malicious Site Blocker and Intrusion Prevention
2022-08-15 19:06:19

@Dawgfan,

Quick Addition Here: On the TP-Link Website there is a page detailing the features that are available when upgrading to the premium service.

The page can be found here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/homeshield/

Options
2022-08-15 20:53:57 - last edited 2022-08-15 20:55:03

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the info. A couple of follow-on questions:

• With regards to malicious content filtering, what specifically does it do?  How is it different from what McAfee/Norton does or what Windows/iOS build-in security features already do?
  • I'm confused on "intrusion prevention". By nature, isn't intrusion prevention what all routers do? How is "port intrusion prevention" different from what a router just does by the fact it is a router?

Thanks.... Kent

Options