Desktop connected to Modem which cant see Chromecast from Deco (Deco also connected to modem)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Desktop connected to Modem which cant see Chromecast from Deco (Deco also connected to modem)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-29 16:58:12
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

I live in an apartment and our internet comes from our ISP and into a modem, the modem used to have wifi which i disabled since it was sh*t. My Deco is connected to the Modem where it gets its connection from. My Desktop is also connected to the modem where it gets its connection from a different port in the Modem. My TV and Chromecast connect to the wifi of the Deco, but my Desktop cant find these. Is there a way to make that work? Only solution i have is to get a switch and use second port in Deco to switch and to Desktop, but i dont know if there is some smart Port-forwarding or redirecting that can solve this :)

Here is my setup. (https://i.imgur.com/2n2qtEo.png)03d6f6815a004493aff96222b130a41b

Options
3 Reply
Re:Desktop connected to Modem which cant see Chromecast from Deco (Deco also connected to modem)
2022-08-29 17:35:38

Hey  @Hosdal,

You have the exact right solution for your situation. Anything placed behind the Deco router will use the naming IP addressing of the router as the router is what is providing this service, not the modem. Your best solution is to use one ethernet port on your modem -> connect to Deco -> Connect Switch to Deco -> PC and Other Devices

Options
Re:Desktop connected to Modem which cant see Chromecast from Deco (Deco also connected to modem)
2022-08-29 17:37:05
Thanks! i thought as much. Luckily a switch is cheap as dirt :)
Options
2022-08-30 23:41:58

@Hosdal,

Just for your information regarding network switches, if you haven't already made your purchase. I highly recommend purchasing a managed ethernet switch as these devices have their own interface for more advanced settings such as QoS across the ethernet ports. Otherwise, a simple switch will just forward the signals onto the main network evenly, as if the switch didn't exist.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 3