AP Mode, but broadcasting own SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 17:36:42
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220401 Rel 63997

Hello all.  Just installed my Deco X20 via my Verizon G1100 router/modem yesterday.  Went through the entire installation process setting up the mesh network as its own router, along with assigning it an SSID and WPA2 password.  Realized afterwards that I needed it to be AP rather than its own router, so I changed that setting.  Now I'm getting some double NAT issues and I wonder if it has anything to do with the residual network settings that I established initially.  Do I need to disable wifi on X20?  Disable the SSID broadcast specifically?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AP Mode, but broadcasting own SSID
2022-08-31 00:40:34

@saltbringer,

When it comes to disabling the SSIDs and Wi-Fi networks, this is only necessary to perform on your modem/router combo if you are planning on having the Deco control the communications on your network. Otherwise, you can configure as an AP, which will 'extend' the network created by the modem/router combo.

To set up a Deco into Access Point Mode, you actually have to complete the initial configuration and then change the operating modes. If you are still having DoubleNAT then you may not have confirmed that you are in AP mode. If you think that the settings are still an issue, you can always factory reset the device to configure from router from scratch. 

Unless you are using specific features on your G1100, I would recommend enabling the Bridge Mode on your modem/router combo and using the Deco in its default Router operation mode. When using a Deco in AP mode, there are certain features that are lost, and this can potentially provide a more stable connection if the devices are close together.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 1