RE220 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE220 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE220 issues
RE220 issues
2022-11-17 16:57:29
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.03 Build 210608 Rel.32729n

Hello,

Bought an RE220 last week, installed it and worked fine for a week. One morning the 5Ghz band was inactive on its own, SSID visible in clients but cannot connect and its LED light off. I deactivated the 5Ghz band an reactivated it and seemed like it works. The same day in the evening both bands struggle to relay good connection either in speed or ping or their stability (no condition changed, same locations same everything as the previous week). I reset the device and after that it worked fine for a day, now it just did the same thing, I reset it and it works now but it's not practical to reset the device every time this happens. Is there a permanent solution?

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE220 issues
2022-11-18 18:10:34

@The0glitter 

If the drop-off is only happening during the peak internet traffic hours, it could be that the connection between the router and range extender is being subjected to additional interference from other devices, appliances, or neighboring networks. I would try and move the RE far closer to the Router to see if the behavior persists.

The RE220 also has a Power Scheduling Feature built into the extender. You could use this to either restart the RE on specific days or each night; that way it is not something you will ever have to actively think about.

Also, do you have high-speed mode enabled on your device? It kind of sounds like your device may have been using the 5Ghz network for a backhaul and failed to switch to using the 2.4 Ghz network as a backhaul when the traffic was congested in the evening

Options
2022-11-19 13:18:25

@Riley_S I will try to activate the automatic reset during the night and see how it behaves after that. Currently I deactivated the 2.4GHz altogether, seems like there are no problems last two days, I'll report back if things are wrongs, otherwise I'm good now

Options
2022-11-21 19:09:00

@The0glitter,

Definitely please check the high speed mode on your RE, the High Speed Mode will designate a specific band for the backhaul. Since, you are already disabling the 2.4 Ghz band, you may be able to repurpose the band as the designated backhaul.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 3

Related Articles