T9UH freezes computer when downloading and causes dropped connection during work calls. Help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

T9UH freezes computer when downloading and causes dropped connection during work calls. Help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 13:12:31 - last edited 2023-02-22 00:47:10
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm at my wits end with this thing.

I've tried every driver under the sun, including the unofficial one, which seems to work the best so far: https://sites.google.com/site/bangaroovh/searchindex/tplinkdriver

Through the course of trying to troubleshoot this, I've updated my AC router firmware, upgraded my router to an AX router and updated its firmware, and updated my Windows drivers as well as my motherboard (B450 Tomahawk Max) drivers. Nothing has helped.

Two problems:

1. Computer freezes when starting downloads. It's especially noticeable when downloading from Google Drive, as the download always fails and I have to click "Resume" on Chrome to download a file.
  2. Massive packet loss spikes during work calls. Accessing the Windows file system during a Teams, WebEx, or Zoom call causes the connection to drop for around 5-10 seconds. I have replicated this problem over and over again.

Also, "Bluetooth" is misspelled in your tag suggestions.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:T9UH freezes computer when downloading and causes dropped connection during work calls. Help!-Solution
2023-02-21 17:57:19 - last edited 2023-02-22 00:47:10

@ei8htzer0,

A few things, you may try to use the official chipset driver from Realtek. I only have the link right now to a now-outdated driver, but a new chipset driver may help solve your issue. I will poke around and see if I can find it for you. I would also change the DNS server just in case there are routing issues down the line that are causing the drop in packets.

I would not rule out, however, that there may be an incompatibility or issue with your system, as I do not really see why accessing things like the local file explorer would cause issues with your network; unless it is the process of identifying networked devices that is causing the problem You may try preventing your PC  from detecting networked drives and devices to see if the problem persists. I would make sure that everything is running fine on your disk, as it seems to be happening when connected to the network, AND when accessing the storage/file systems of your PC

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:T9UH freezes computer when downloading and causes dropped connection during work calls. Help!-Solution
2023-02-21 17:57:19 - last edited 2023-02-22 00:47:10

@ei8htzer0,

A few things, you may try to use the official chipset driver from Realtek. I only have the link right now to a now-outdated driver, but a new chipset driver may help solve your issue. I will poke around and see if I can find it for you. I would also change the DNS server just in case there are routing issues down the line that are causing the drop in packets.

I would not rule out, however, that there may be an incompatibility or issue with your system, as I do not really see why accessing things like the local file explorer would cause issues with your network; unless it is the process of identifying networked devices that is causing the problem You may try preventing your PC  from detecting networked drives and devices to see if the problem persists. I would make sure that everything is running fine on your disk, as it seems to be happening when connected to the network, AND when accessing the storage/file systems of your PC

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:T9UH freezes computer when downloading and causes dropped connection during work calls. Help!
2023-02-22 00:47:04

@Riley_S Thank you so much for the help!

I think part of (or maybe my whole) issue was DNS-based. One of those "know just enough to be dangerous" situations... There was a mismatch in my DNS settings between my Pi-Hole and the router. I've configured it correctly, and it seems as though my downloading issues are fixed. Will test tomorrow and see if the packet loss issue is still happening.

Thanks again.

Options
Re:T9UH freezes computer when downloading and causes dropped connection during work calls. Help!
2023-02-22 14:49:33

Confirmed that the "packet loss while accessing files" issue is fixed as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 3

Related Articles