Archer x72 attached storage slowness (drops to <300KB/s)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-14 07:50:10 - last edited 2023-03-14 09:24:50
Tags: #USB Sharing #smb
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

all,

i'm struggling with this device and it's configuration on Linux, i have tried to mount the disk and i see the most recent SMB version is 2... but when i use it my transfer from Ubuntu to the usb enclosure drops to 200kb/s.... they are all connected via Ethernet...

when i change to smb v.1 speeds are on acceptable level - but... since several days i have to be on smb v.2 as 1 doesn't work 'incorrect parameter' - is there any solution how i can get it working?

i observe the issue with large files.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer x72 attached storage slowness (drops to <300KB/s)
2023-03-14 18:50:40

@miksky,

I would honestly take a look around the other forums, especially those specific to Linux networking. It looks like SMB has some odd behaviors in Linux, and sometimes even WIndows by the looks of it.

A lot of the other forums provide solutions, such as enabling parameters for the error you provided; as far as I can tell, there has been no behavior reported for any Archer Router that is similar to this behavior, so I am inclined to believe that it may be a setting on Linux. 

Have you been able to test the file transfer rate to a different client? If another client has no issues, we can then verify if there is a server setting/incompatability; or if the LinuxOS was the cause.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles