How to change the order Deco's connect?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-20 22:30:07
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have 3 Deco's lined up in a row wirelessly. 

#1 main at 300mps

#2 at 150 mps

#3 at 100 mps

Everything has been working fine, but by the third deco my internet speeds are lower than I would like. My solution was to run an ethernet from 1-2 while 3 would hopefully connect to 2 wirelessly with faster speeds. So I was at 1>Wireless>2>wireless>3 I want to do 1>ethernet>2>wireless>3. When I did this 3 wouldnt connect to 2, it just connected to 1 and my speeds on 3 went from like 100mps to 10 mps and it wouldnt connect to 2. What am I doing wrong? I can not connect a wire to #3. I did not change any settings because I dont know what to change. The deco app did show that 1>2 were ethernet connected and the other connection was 1>3 wirelessly. Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to change the order Deco's connect?
2023-03-21 03:50:06 - last edited 2023-03-21 03:54:45

@zaloog 

Hi, welcome to the community.

So far, Deco X20 does not support manually changing the connection order(or signal source).

For more details, please have a look at this link;

Would restarting  Deco X20 #3  help it re-select the connected Deco?

If it did not help, could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following details:

1. A picture of the floor map with a rough location of each Deco unit.

2. A screenshot of the signal source strength on #3 Deco X20.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1198

Replies: 1

Related Articles