Secondary Deco x55 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-01 01:57:10
Tags: #Access Point Mode #disconnection
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

So for a long time my secondary Deco has not had reliable connection.  wireless devices often cant authenticate and wired devices will loose connection occasionally for 15-30 seconds.

I have 2 setup currently on opposite ends of my house running in access point mode.  Each are run into my home router because its in the middle of the house (ish).  I finally got around to updating the firmware just to be sure that wasn't the issue and it still seems to be the case but maybe I just havn't given it enough time to sort itself.

I've figured out how to get the system logs and I'm seeing lots of user.emerg, daemon.err and daemon.crit messages. Though there are 9 pages from 3/1 I don't see anything after that and more pages before that.

I have no idea what happened on 3/1 in the middle of the night, but it was unhappy.

Anyway.  Anyone who has ideas I can try to improve the functionality of this I'd appreciate it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Secondary Deco x55 issues
2023-05-01 19:39:23

@Flek,

The fact that you mention daemon errors, I would imagine that you may want to try to reset the device back to factory defaults just to make sure that there are no issues in the firmware on that node.

I would also recommend just trying to change the ethernet ports being used by the satellites, as the simple reconfiguration may help to identify any issues or give the network a jump start. 

If your satellite nodes are not wired, I would also recommend trying to move them closer together, or move one node closer to the main router so that the satellites can better connect to each other,.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 1

Tags

Access Point Mode
disconnection