Deco M5 1.7 Firmware Update - Device Isolation/IoT Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-23 18:23:38 - last edited 2023-05-25 17:32:00
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20230504 Rel. 63624

Hello Support,

Thank you for keep releasing updates for this unit! We appreciate that you still support this device with updates and such.

All the features in the 1.7 update are awesome. I had a question with setting up IoT Network and Device Isolation.

I set this up as a test, with an iPad on the IoT network, and a PC on the main. I was able to ping the iPad from the main network with my computer.

The iPad was also able to access the router and modem page in the IoT network. 

I'm trying to set this up so devices in the IoT network can not communicate with devices on my main network, but devices on the main network can communicate with devices on the IoT one.

Is there any way to accomplish this? If I isolate the device, I can not communicate with it at all. Pings drop completely.

If you're not rowdy, you're not a router.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 1.7 Firmware Update - Device Isolation/IoT Network
2023-05-24 08:56:42

@RowdyRouter 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The IoT network is not isolated from the main network and they are also untagged. Currently, there hasn't been a way to accomplish what you want on the IOT network.

As for Device Isolation, it would be a good way to separate the suspected attacked host from the rest of the home devices.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 1.7 Firmware Update - Device Isolation/IoT Network
2023-05-25 17:31:47

@David-TP 

thank you for the response you've answered all my questions.

If you're not rowdy, you're not a router.
Options