Deco XE75 Pro - Homekit connected devices disconnecting with “no response” message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco XE75 Pro - Homekit connected devices disconnecting with “no response” message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 03:02:09
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230613 Rel. 53594

I am experiencing an issue with Apple  Homekit where Homekit enabled devices like my Lennox iComfort thermostat, meross smart plugs, and kasa smart mini plugs work fine for a day or two and then get a no response message.

Homekit is set up on my main network and i have the IOT network set up also for non homekit devices. Including a Kasa power strip which works perfectly and reliably with the Kasa app. 

Because these all work fine with the native app, and i did not experience this with the previous mesh router, I suspect there is a setting that is causing this.

Looking forward to suggestions, Thank You!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Pro - Homekit connected devices disconnecting with “no response” message
2023-09-06 19:52:56

@BrISTJ,

Homekit setups always have a few options to help troubleshoot since it is so different. Do you know if the devices are available in the Kasa App when unavailable via HomeKit?

- I believe Homekit operates off of IPv6; if disabled on your Deco, try enabling it.

- Try Toggling the IGMP Snooping Setting for Your Deco Network (Advanced Parameter - Only Available via WebUI of Deco)

- Try creating an IP reservation for the devices that are disconnecting often.

- Lastly, try disabling Fast Roaming, Beamforming, and Mesh Technology for your Homekit devices

As an FYI, IoT Network does not isolate your devices, only the 'Device Isolation' setting will do so - you should be able to use the IoT network for your Homekit devices.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Deco XE75 Pro - Homekit connected devices disconnecting with “no response” message
2023-09-08 01:26:50

@Riley_S 

Thank you for the advice and several option. I appreciate the help! 

I think IPv6 was the culprit. Though I also disabled Beamforming, Fast Roaming was already disabled. When I enabled iPV6, my Thermostat connected connected in the Home app and all scheduled automations I had to change the temp worked over the last day. I'll start re-adding things back to see if this resolves those

Regarding IGMP, I did not see this under Advanced Parameters (screen shot below). I saw a post that also reports the same (subject No IGMP Option) and looks like others see this as well, Ill watch for updates. 

be32d33e48824894ac2f884b7d2f6508

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 755

Replies: 2

Related Articles