Additional network listed on Deco S4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-03 17:12:35
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

A while back something happened and the Deco S4 quit working. I think they were trying some things. I couldn't get into the network I created which was something like Zimmermann-Deco. I created a new one called zimmermann-wifi and it seems to be working well. But they just called me today that they have a few systems that keep saying they are connected to zimmermann-deco. Is there a way to completely get rid of the zimmermann-deco without having to set everything back up. On the deco app on my iphone I can only see my network with them5 decos and switching network I see zimmermann-wifi but they are seeing both. Please help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Additional network listed on Deco S4
2023-10-03 22:32:29

@drdeleteusa 

If the devices were connected to your previous Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi had to be reconfigured, you would need to reconfigure the unconnected devices via their respective applications. Its possible that device could reconnect if you used the older Wi-Fi's Name, but it is still unlikely.

Are the devices they are mentioning actually connecting to the old Wi-Fi through an older node that is not seen on your new network, or are the devices simply looking to be reconnected to that particular Wi-Fi network.

Try to Navigate towards the Managers option in the settings and see if there are any clues to what is going on.

Options