Won’t recognize WD PR2100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-20 20:57:59
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I installed the Deco mesh WiFi a couple months ago, and I recently connected my Western Digital PR2100 NAS and it is not being recognized by my network. it is plugged in via Ethernet cable to my main Deco. I've rebooted both systems, but the NAS cannot be detected. 

The NAS works fine with my old WiFi router

Options
2 Reply
Re:Won’t recognize WD PR2100
2023-11-20 23:54:29

@AO_Catao,

I would first verify or reset your network settings on your NAS.

Most users will set a static IP address for storage drives so they can leave it and forget it. If you still have a static IP set, you need to change the mode to use DHCP or add the Static Address as an IP reservation in the Deco App.

Do you know if you had configured anything special, such as port forwards or IP reservations on your previous router for the NAS?

Options
Re:Won’t recognize WD PR2100
2023-11-21 00:28:58

@Riley_S 

Thank you for the quick response. No, I didn't have any special or custom settings with my previous router.  
This may be a dumb question, but how do I go about resetting my network connection if I can't access the device on my network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 2

Related Articles