Large new home setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Large new home setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Large new home setup
Large new home setup
2024-01-02 20:44:21 - last edited 2024-01-02 20:46:23
Model: Deco X55 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I will be installing LAN and Wi-Fi equipment in my friend's brand new home soon.  I worked with the electrician who ran Cat-6 cable throughout the home in bedrooms and TV locations.  I plan to install the X55 units but was considering one celing mounted, PoE AP in the middle of the home.  The middle of the house has 10' ceilings and is a typical open concept Living Room - Kitchen combination.  The far left and far right sides of the home are bedrooms and utility.  I plan to install an AP in each of the left/right wings of the home and one in the middle for a total of 3 APs.   Would the AX3000 PoE Mesh be a good choice to work with the X55 units?  

I've installed the X55 units in many homes recently.  They are excellent whether connected wirelessly or ethernet backhaul.  HOwever, if the AX3000 PoE Mesh units are better all around, I'll gladly upgrade all units to this model.  

Any tips are appreciated.  

Eric

Options
1 Reply
Re:Large new home setup
2024-01-03 23:32:44

@EW54,

If I remember correctly, from the launch, the four models were all released simultaneously to allow similar speeds across multiple connection methods: Deco X50  - PoE, Outdoor, Powerline, and the Deco X55.

I think you would have a similar experience with the PoE node, the main draw is simply the convenience of ceiling mounting and PoE connectivity. One of our team members is using a full system in his home and is pleased with the experience.

Depending on how widespread your living area is, you may be able to see a speed benefit on the 5GHz band due to less physical interference and potentially being closer to the source. Placing the node in the middle of the other two would also likely provide a better experience when roaming between the other nodes.

Something you should consider is the number of ethernet ports on each (PoE has only two ports). Overall, it would likely fall on simply what deals/systems you have available when buying and if you think that the ceiling mount would provide a better connection compared to the work.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 1

Related Articles