Remove Custom MAC Clone

Remove Custom MAC Clone
Remove Custom MAC Clone
2024-05-12 18:13:25
Tags: #MAC Clone
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.3

I had originally setup Deco M9 Plus to work with my Xfinity supplied modem/router using bridge mode and then through forums/google had found that custom MAC clone was a solution to get the Deco M9 to work as the router. I have now returned Xfinity modem/router and using my own Arris S33 modem. In this setup - of course no bridge mode, however, the Deco is still configured to use the MAC Clone feature - i disabled it given i'm no longer in bridge mode and it Deco no longer get internet connection. Is there a way to reset/flush any settings to allow for Deco to be used without MAC clone? I no longer have access to the PC that i used for the MAC clone and do not have any other PCs that i can use for MAC cloning in future.  Thank you for your help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Remove Custom MAC Clone
2024-05-15 21:04:39

Hi @par3003th,

A quick and easy way to release and renew the MAC binding on your cable modem would be to: 

1. Unplug the power from both your main Deco and cable modem

2. Unplug the coax cable from the modem

3. Re-connect power ONLY to your cable modem

4. Wait until the cable modem is fully booted, then re-connect coax

5. Re-connect power to the main Deco and connect it to the modem via Ethernet

This process should release and renew the MAC binding so your modem can provide connectivity to the main Deco. 

Options
2024-05-16 07:52:21

@par3003th Are you sure your issue is caused by the setting of "MAC Clone" on the Deco?

What is the Operation Mode of the Deco?

Did you try setting that Operation Mode as "Access Point"?

Options
2024-05-17 21:14:01

@Ryan Thank you - this resolved the issue, now able to use without MAC Clone setting.

Options
2024-05-17 21:15:06

@yves_b - the solution @ryan suggested above worked for me. I dont think i would be able to use the AP mode in this set up since new hardware is only a modem, no router included.

Options