Archer AX55 Pro Dropping connects to all apple devices on WiFi

2024-06-11 22:16:30
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20231103 rel.66045(5553)

I am having many issues with this router dropping the WIFI signal to all of the Apple devices in the house.  This is 2 iPhone 14's and an iPhone 15.  As you can see my firmware is up to date.  I have run through the normal steps of power cycling all devices ect.  

Currently, WiFi settings are Smart Connect, and security is WPA2-PSK[AES].  This has been progressively getting worse over the last few weeks to the point that it is unusable.  I am sitting 10 feet away from the device with a line of sight.  I try to open a web page and it just buffers.  I go in turn off the WiFi and the page loads right away.  Yet my laptop is humming right along with no issues.

If I can not figure this out soon it may be time to explorer a different solution that is not TP.  But for now, I would like to try and get this thing working.

Thanks

Matt

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 Pro Dropping connects to all apple devices on WiFi
2024-06-12 13:28:41 - last edited 2024-06-12 13:29:27

@Madams13 

I am not a fan of Smart Connect as it can cause issues for some devices. I also prefer to have better control on which devices are on each network band. Most of the time I have my iPhones and iPads on the 5 ghz instead of the 2.4 ghz bands and do not have any connection  issues. Use different ssids.

Options