Deco XE5300 IP Address Unreachable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 16:06:58
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20220429 Rel. 1970

On a regular basis, I receive a message that a local device on my network is unreachable.  After clicking on reload several times, access to it works.  Has anyone else run into this problem with the XE5300?  If so, what did yo do to correct this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco XE5300 IP Address Unreachable
2022-09-28 23:43:44

@Mesa,

Do you know what type of device it is that is going unavailable? Not all network devices communicate with the network at all times, it is possible that the device has an energy-saving mode or setting that is causing the disconnect.

I would assume that you can access the device again after a refresh, because this may cause your router to ping the devices it knows were recently connected to the network, and this causes the unavailable device to wake and reconnect.

When you are refreshing, does the IP address of the device change? If so, the router may be trying to look for the device by MAC address, and the refresh forces the new IP to be assigned to the existing MAC address, showing it then as available.

In terms of a likely fix, your best bet would be to set a static IP address for the device, as this will mean the device will always have a path to communicate with the router.

Options
2022-09-28 23:53:44

@Riley_S 

Yes, it is a Hubitat Hub.  I have already assigned a static IP address to it.  The hub is connected to am Ethernet switch directly connected to the main XE5300 router.  It is happeneing with the web browseer on my PC and the app on my Andropid phone.  Is there a debug in the router I can turn on to see what is happening?

Options
2022-09-29 00:06:47

@Mesa,

There is a system log available, and a debug option available on our Archer Router Web Interfaces, but I'm not sure about our Deco Line.

Are you using a managed switch? If so, it may be a good idea to look at the logs here for any abnormal behavior. 

You never mentioned by the way, does the device actually disconnect from the network/internet? or does the router just display that it is disconnected?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 3

Related Articles