Deco XE5300 / XE75 - Smart Devices Dropped & Cannot Reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-12 18:52:58
Tags: #Smart Devices
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20221121 Rel. 36691

Deco XE5300 (3x XE75) Wifi6E mesh system was working great until last week it suddenly dropped all of my smart devices. 

When I set up my new Deco mesh system I was able to connect all my smart switched connected (TP-Link Kasa Switches and Dimmers, Pura Diffusers, Ecobee3 and Ecobee4 thermostats, Ring Pro Chimes, Feit Electric 3-way Dimmers). 

I was able to set schedules with all the TP-Link Kasa switches and control them through the  Deco app. 

Randomly (no changes to firmware, settings or anything), all my smart devices dropped off the network, and I cannot add them back to my network. I factory reset the smart devices and sim cannot add them back. 

I have Beamforming and Fast Roaming off.

I even have Wifi6 as dedicated backhaul only.

I do have a small amount of smart devices working, but it's because they connect to or act as their own hub (Amazon Echos, Ring Hub, Ring Pro Doorbell, Ring Floodlights). 

I have been struggling for the past week trying to get my smart devices reconnected with no success. Please help!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco XE5300 / XE75 - Smart Devices Dropped & Cannot Reconnect
2023-02-14 02:00:08

@Zuffness,

At what point does connecting this device fail? If these are set up in their native applications, make sure that you do not have any settings on either the deco or the apps for these devices that make the device expect a specific IP address.

If you can, you may try a Wi-Fi scanning app on your phone to verify that the 2.4 Ghz is broadcasting, as most devices only use this frequency. I would honestly recommend attempting to either reset your deco mesh, or switching the nodes, as this will force the network to reconfigure itself. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 531

Replies: 1

Tags

Smart Devices
Related Articles