XE5300 connecting to Synology DS220J

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-07 15:36:45
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.2.13

I recently swapped out my old netgear router for the Deco XE 5300 system.  For over 2 years I had a Synology NAS DS220J on my network to back up and share files.  I connected everything to the new Deco network like it was on the old network, and it seems to recognize every device except the Synology NAS.  Of course, I rebooted the NAS and the Deco multiple times to no avail. 

The NAS is hard wired into the main Deco that is connected to the modem.  All other PCs in the house are hardwired to satellite Decos, which are hardwired to the main Deco through a switch. 

One of the old reports from when I first set up the Deco system does indeed show the NAS connected - it has the correct MAC number and name.  But for some reason the Deco no longer recognizes or sees the NAS unit. 

All lights on the NAS appear good - power is blue, status is steady green, LAN lights and HDD lights are flashing green showing activity.  I even had the NAS plugged into the switch, adn the ethernet port was flashing green showing activity between the NAS and the switch (the switch is good,because all other devices on the switch are recognized in the Deco app). 

Any help appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:XE5300 connecting to Synology DS220J
2023-03-07 17:54:10

@ChrisSilk,

I would first check the network settings on the NAS, its possible that the NAS was given a static IP address and is unable to reconnect to the new network if it is not given the same IP. If you remember what the IP address of the NAS was before you changed networks, I would recommend setting this IP as an IP reservation in the deco app.

From what you are describing, it sounds as though there is something wrong with the way the traffic is being routed through the network to the device. If there is an option from the DSM, you may try to reset the network settings for the NAS and seeing if it can reconnect then.

I would also check to see if the behavior is the same for all of the ethernet ports on the device. If you are using a multi-gig port for this connection, I would try to swap cables or quickly swap the ports being used on the Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 347

Replies: 1

Related Articles