C80 Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C80 Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C80 Ethernet backhaul
C80 Ethernet backhaul
2024-01-25 17:27:59
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 230824 Rel 74702

The C80 router support easymesh and ethernet backhaul but I understand that not all version can do it.

Before buying a second router to set up a mesh backhaul network I need to know if the C80 V1 (EU) Firm 1.13.2. 230824  Rel 74702n support ethernet backhaul since in the description of the firmware characteristic only says that support easymesh but nothing about ethernet backhaul.

Thank so much

Options
14 Reply
Re:C80 Ethernet backhaul
2024-01-25 20:03:48

@Vedia,

I believe that the C80 supports the feature as the feature is listed on our side for all hardware versions; plus I posted this to the US community a while back for EasyMesh firmware updates.

Since you are looking specifically at an EU product, I would recommend reaching out to our global community team for verification, as we only have detailed information on products released in the United States and regulations can affect the rollout of features. They may be able to point you toward a resource specific for your region.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home

Options
2024-01-25 20:05:09

@Vedia 

Yes, C80 v1 supports Easymesh with ethernet backhaul - more details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-25 20:17:40

@Vedia 

Thanks for the reply for both.

Sorry my english is not good.

The problem is that my C80 (EU) V1 does not have an did not the firmware you mention in the list.

And since it is not available in suppport, I can't even attempt to do a downgrade.

So at this moment I don't know if firmware 1.13.1 230824 support ethernet backhaul.

Options
2024-01-25 20:28:31

@Vedia 

The FW in the table is the first FW release that supports this feature.

Your C80(EU) 1.13.2 230824 Rel 74702 supports this feature as well - no need to downgrade.

Use this guide for configuring.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-25 20:30:30

Good news

Thank you

Options
2024-01-26 13:42:32

@Vedia 

Today I was able to communicate with TP-Link support in my country and to my surprise they told me that I cannot set up a mesh network with two C80s, one as router and the other as satellite, even if both have easymesh and backhaul capacity, connected the main and the satellite by cable (bakchaul). The C80 satellite will create a new network and therefore what I wanted to do, that the cell phones roaming in wifi network on a single network over a long space that can not be covered (wifi)  by only one router,  is not possible. It surprised me because what would be the difference then with an access point?

On the other hand, it is not possible for me to put a repeater due to the characteristics of the place.

Options
2024-01-26 18:50:43

@Vedia 

This sounds reasonable when devices can't reach each other's wireless coverage over a long distance.

A similar issue has been described in this thread.

Options
2024-01-26 19:07:15

@Vedia 

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

Tips 2

As long as the Ethernet backhaul is built successfully, the wireless backhaul will disconnect automatically. Similarly, if the Ethernet backhaul is disconnected for some reasons, devices will rebuild the mesh network via the wireless backhaul.

It would not be a problem if the two routers did not have a Wi-Fi connection between them. Support told me, each router configured one as main and the other as support, each forming a network so no one metwork, two networks. This is strange because again, what would be the difference with an access point then? They recommended that instead of using a C80 as a satellite use an HC-220 G5 to form a single Wi-Fi network.

In this moment I am using a C60 configured as access point manually. The only problem is with cell phones because I cannot roamig Wi-Fi because there are two networks.

Options
2024-01-26 19:31:40 - last edited 2024-01-26 20:09:08

Vedia wrote

@Vedia 

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

Tips 2

As long as the Ethernet backhaul is built successfully, the wireless backhaul will disconnect automatically. Similarly, if the Ethernet backhaul is disconnected for some reasons, devices will rebuild the mesh network via the wireless backhaul.

It would not be a problem if the two routers did not have a Wi-Fi connection between them. Support told me, each router configured one as main and the other as support, each forming a network so no one metwork, two networks. This is strange because again, what would be the difference with an access point then? They recommended that instead of using a C80 as a satellite use an HC-220 G5 to form a single Wi-Fi network.

In this moment I am using a C60 configured as access point manually. The only problem is with cell phones because I cannot roamig Wi-Fi because there are two networks.

@Vedia 

Think about the following:

The ethernet backhaul is down for some reason.

The two devices are trying to rebuild the mesh via the wireless backhaul. So far, so good.

But these devices can't reach each other's wireless coverage due to the long distance and they can't rebuild the mesh over the wireless backhaul.

When you're in the wireless coverage of the satellite device, which backhaul it would use to provide a network access ? (both backhauls are down)

In case the ethernet backhaul is working but the wireless backhaul can't be built because of the long distance, there shouldn't be any difference with AP mode.

Options
2024-01-26 19:40:58

@Vedia 

It's a possibility and a risk to take. As long as the cable is good there should be no problems, but the biggest problem is that a single network with intinerence or roaming cannot be formed. I'm really not sure that what support told me is correct. For now I'm going to continue with the C60 as an access point, maybe I'll try an HC-225 G 5 as a satellite, which is also cheaper than a new C80.

Anyway, thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1253

Replies: 14

Related Articles