HS200 (hardware v3) - Firmware won't update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-10 20:08:23
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I just installed a spare HS200 I had sitting around. While connecting it to my account it indicated that a firmware update was required. When I tried updating the firmware at that time, the app indicated that it could not check the download status. Trying to update the firmware through the typical menu options just gives a generic failure message. I have tried restarting the switch, as well as removing and re-adding it to my account. In casce it was a problem on my mobile device, I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Kasa app, and tried rebooting my device, all with no effect.

This is especially frustrating because this switch was part of a three pack, and I installed the other two just a few weeks ago, and they updated without any problems.

I am currently on v2.34.0, build 1007 of the Android Kasa app.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 (hardware v3) - Firmware won't update
2021-09-15 08:13:48 - last edited 2021-09-15 08:14:54

@phxDiablo  Hello, 

You could try to set up  smart device with a hotspot Wi-Fi or different WiFi and see if update could be successful, 

Try to lower / turn off the router firewall settings on the Modem and router side temporarily and see if that helps. 

If the issue exists, may I know the Mac address of your smart device that would not update firmware , ISP the model of router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 713

Replies: 1