HS200 no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-26 19:00:40
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I keep getting the same "no internet connection" when I try to join my TP Link switch wi-fi connection during set-up. I have a bunch of these switches already installed and never has this problem. I tried 3 different switches so I know it's not the switch. Anyone have any ideas as to what's causing this? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 no internet connection
2022-01-27 01:23:51

Hello @cbmiked 

May I know ' no internet connection' occurs when your phone connected to Home Wifi network, or connected Kasa Smart _Switch XX WiFi? 

- Please confirm Home Wi-Fi network have Internet access (turn off mobile data on the phone and confirm phone has internet from home Wifi network

- turn off VPN on the phone

- Please try to add a device in the kasa app and follow the APP instruction to set it up(note that Kasa Smart XXX WiFi SSID itself has no Internet and that SSID will be gone after configuration)

IOS app:  will guide to connect to kasa Smart Device WiFi so the APP could find smart device, then  manually connect to SmartXX WiFI and go back to kasa app

Android app:  will try to look after smart device directly, if it could not find smart device/ unable to connect to Smart XX WiFi, try to manually connect to Smart XX WiFI and go back to kasa app.

Here is a guide that might help: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 729

Replies: 1

Related Articles