Switch stopped actually switching. LED Light changes, no power transfer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-15 19:24:36
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Switch has worked fine for about a year.

Stopped working a few days ago.

Tested everything - it is the switch itself that is the problem.

- Reset switch.

- Removed and reinstalled switch in the app, and also physically.

- Tested wires to light and all connections - all good.

- Swapped out smart switch for regular and light comes on no problem.

The smart switch has sufficient wifi connection, and responds.

I can turn the switch on and off using the app, or using the rocker, and the LED light changes appropriately, and the app indicator changes - but NO power transfer through the switch.

Electrical tester shows that no power is coming out the Line wire, regardless of the indicator on the switch.

Faulty switch?  Or is there something else to try.  (I already did every reset option in the manual).

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch stopped actually switching. LED Light changes, no power transfer.
2022-10-17 22:44:27

@Roark,

If you tested the line going to the lights and found that there was no power transfer, as well as having the switch previously functional for a year;  I would recommend getting in direct contact with our support team as it sounds like there may be an issue with the device itself, and they may have more in-depth steps to either help fix the issue, or can provide information regarding the RMA and replacement processes.

TP-Link Tech Support

I would also ensure that your products are registered in the warranty portal on the above page also.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 1