Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch HS220 cannot connect to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-26 17:03:49
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

Note: There's no option for the HS220 in the help-desk system. 

My HS220 has worked for a while. Suddenly it stopped. Right now the lights are blinking green and orange slowly.  I'll tell you what I've done so far...

Deleted the unit from my Kasa app

Turned off VPN on my iPhone.

Pressed the restart button on the bottom right of the switch.  The light that should be being controlled flicks on and off.

Pressed the reset button on the bottom left of the switch. 

Connected to the TP-LInk_SmartDimmer_A475 network.

It asks me to select my home wifi login.  I do so and enter the correct password (triple-checked)

I checked my router security. My home network is set to WPA2-PSK (AES).

It doesn't connect.  Please help!

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch HS220 cannot connect to wifi
2023-08-29 06:32:03

@LeonF 

May i know what's the model of your router? If it's a dual-band router but only broadcasts one WiFi signal, try to separate the 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi, and try to connect the HS220 to the 2.4GHz WiFi again.

For comparison testing, you can also create a 2.4GHz guest WiFi or enable a hotspot to connect the switch. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 1

Related Articles