3 way dimmer

3 way dimmer

3 way dimmer
3 way dimmer
2023-11-16 17:12:52
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, Is the KS230 kit compatible with homekit?  or does it have the new Matter?  Does the "K" mean Homekit compatible?  Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:3 way dimmer
2023-11-16 17:24:59

Hey  @Akos96,

I do not believe that we currently offer any 3-way switches that support Homekit or Matter. Recently, we have seen the release of both Homekit and Matter switches and dimmers, but these are not meant for a three-way configuration.

There is no real indicator for Homekit Compatability within the model number, unless you know our product lines(KS225 is the matter variant of KS220). You would need to check the product info, where Homekit and Matter compatibility is always clearly called out.

Options
2024-02-15 14:22:26
I agree it doesn't make sense to me that the single and dimmer switches can work with google, apple, and amazon, however the 3 way kit only works with google/amazon. I'm trying to build this product out in the house and leverage all apple ecosystem. It's disappointing from a product perspective because I already installed a bunch of dimmers and one 3 way, not paying much attention that the box was missing that home kit symbol
Options
2024-02-20 20:39:23

@paul8,

Unfortunately, this is a result of the fact that, unlike Google, Alexa, and SmartThings, Apple Homekit is a completely separate technology/protocol - with its own setup method, additional certification cost, and requirements. In fact, many users express frustration with the Homekit setup process if they are not planning to use it. This is why you will oftentimes see specific models with either HomeKit or Matter.

Google, Alexa, and SmartThings are Cloud-Based Integrations where the Linking and Control is Done from the Cloud.

Homekit is technically a local protocol that requires a compatible hub on your network to send the commands to the device.

Fortunately, with the launch of the matter protocol - direct compatibility with Apple Home will no longer be limited to "HomeKit compatible" devices, but will also be possible via Matter-enabled devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 3

Related Articles