KS230 Kit 1.8 WiFi LED solid red

2023-12-03 22:20:44
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just installed a KS230 Kit v1.8.  I think I have all the wiring correctly connected.   But the main switch is not initializing correctly and is not producing power on either of the traveller lines.  The WiFi light on the main switch is solid red (not flashing), the second-from-right dimmer led is lit, and the third-from-right dimmer led is dimly lit.   None of the controls on the main switch do anything.  Resetting or restarting the switch does not change anything.  Even switching the traveller wires does not make a difference.

How can I figure out what the problem is?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS230 Kit 1.8 WiFi LED solid red
2023-12-05 23:22:12

@pfps,

So a few things:

The KS230 Kit is only a three-way switch, meaning that it is only intended to be used in their intended design where there is only one main switch and one satellite. It is generally not possible to configure this switch with extras, however you may take a look around the forums as users have been able to use Kasa switches in 4-way configurations, despite them not being officially supported.

A few things to note, with V1.x versions, the order of the traveller wires does matter. There is also a maximum run length supported by the devices, so make sure the runs between your main and satellite are not extreme.

Options
Re:KS230 Kit 1.8 WiFi LED solid red
2023-12-05 23:25:42

@Riley_S Yes, this is a three-way installation, with the travellers between the two switches at most 15 metres.  I've tried the travellers both ways.  The problem, however, appears to be more severe than just switching the travellers as there is no power out of the main switch on either traveller no matter how they are wired and no matter how often the main switch is pressed.

It appears that the main switch is somehow not initializing at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 2

Related Articles