Critical Flaw: Cannot move devices between "homes" in Tapo app

2024-01-10 16:54:13 - last edited 2024-01-19 23:54:41

Tapo provides no way to move a selected device from one home to another. I downloaded the new Tapo app and allowed it to integrate all my Kasa devices, and it loaded them all into the same home, even though they were in three different homes in the Kasa app. Now I cannot move devices to their correct homes. A serious flaw in the Tapo 3.0 app, which otherwise seems to be a nice improvement.

It's easy to move a device between rooms in a given home, but there's no way I can see to move a device from one home to another. Oops!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Critical Flaw: Cannot move devices between "homes" in Tapo app-Solution
2024-01-17 23:08:29 - last edited 2024-01-19 23:54:41

Hey @rickross,

If you go to the upper left menu on the Tapo Homescreen > Home Settings > Select Destination Room > Add Devices

From here, you should be able to select the devices from either of your homes to add to that room.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Critical Flaw: Cannot move devices between "homes" in Tapo app-Solution
2024-01-17 23:08:29 - last edited 2024-01-19 23:54:41

Hey @rickross,

If you go to the upper left menu on the Tapo Homescreen > Home Settings > Select Destination Room > Add Devices

From here, you should be able to select the devices from either of your homes to add to that room.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Critical Flaw: Cannot move devices between "homes" in Tapo app
2024-01-17 23:58:31

@Riley_S Remarkable! I would never have guessed that procedure, but you are absolutely correct, and it works like a charm!

Thank you,. This helps a lot!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 2

Related Articles