KS200M stops functioning after I add Smart Rule

a week ago
Model: KS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I've just installed this switch.  It works fine as long as I touch nothing else.  Comes on with motion and turns off.

When I attempt to add a Smart Control function (the resaon I bought this switch...) the motion function stops working altogether.  I can turn it on by pushing the button or by app, but motion does nothing.  The LED indicates OFF.

I unistalled the switch and added it twice now.  This returns normal motion detection ability.  But then as soon as I attempt to add a rule I get the same result.

Thoughts?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS200M stops functioning after I add Smart Rule
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hey @nukesul,

Can you provide a bit more information regarding your smart rule?

It sounds as though there may be a setting preventing your rule from taking effect, whether it be that the rule is disabled entirely, or that there is a time range placed on that rule.

Does Disabling the Smart Rule that you created, or undoing your changes allow the motion functionality to work again?

The FAQ is pretty comprehensive and covers the steps needed to make a new rule or edit the default smart rule: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3154/

Options
Re:KS200M stops functioning after I add Smart Rule
a week ago

@Riley_S 

I am trying to input a rule such that you can only use ON/OFF button control between the hours of 11pm and 6am.  It was having this functionality that led me to purchasing this switch in the first place.

Twice I attempted to set this rule.  In both cases the the switch stopped functioning with motion.  The LED on the front of the switch remained dull grey.  I could turn the light on/off using the app or by pushing the button on the switch itself.

When I removed the rule the switch acted the same way and did not operate on motion.  In order to get it working again, I deleted and readded it.

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Options