KS225 double tap/long press functionality missing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-16 16:59:48
Model: Kasa KS225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I just installed a KS225 smart dimmer (matter compatable). I was expecting it to have the same long-press, double-tap, even gentle-tap functionality as the KS220 (as of the linked update in 2022). However, there is no option to do so in the trigger section of the app. Am I missing something, or do these newer models have less functionality than the older ones?

Options
1 Reply
Re:KS225 double tap/long press functionality missing
2023-10-16 18:32:51

Hey @Braekpo1nt,

I believe that these were removed in the later versions of the KS220 and a few other models. From what I can tell, these actions would create a delay in the switch processing your action - leading many to believe that the devices were not operating correctly.

Essentially, the switch would need to wait to make sure that the switch was not interacted with in multiple ways before even turning on.

The post that you found is in relation to the customization of the features that the device may have, not that the devices support the feature. Moreso, it is an announcement of an app feature that the device may use if it supports the function.

Is there a specific reason that you were looking for this function? I would be more than happy to forward the feedback to the team.

Options