Group 2 Kasa switches so physical adjustments of one switch also causes same on other Kasa switch?

Group 2 Kasa switches so physical adjustments of one switch also causes same on other Kasa switch?

Thursday
Model: Kasa HS220   Kasa KS225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I was attempting to "Piggybacking " off of C-Hans post dated 4-9-2020, the request was as stated above, the offered answer was "If you configure smart actions in the Kasa app you can look to have the other HS220 turn off or on, but not sync dim settings." As stated by Tony.

A year later an attempted bump of the conversation was made, no reply.

So 4 years later I'm bumping it again in hopes dimmer control can now happen? Also Ive been told a black HS / KS 220/225 is coming, if ganged dimming and on/off can happen, I will need four said switches!

Sooner than later as my project is nearing completion.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Group 2 Kasa switches so physical adjustments of one switch also causes same on other Kasa switch?
Friday

@Aceplato,

The answer still stands as is, where you can only automate based on the off/on trigger. We cannot make any announcements as it is still in early development but just know that the teams have been exploring solutions for this request.

For now, it is slightly more possible due to devices like Tapo's S200D being able to control multiple lights directly,  but there is no direct solution for controlling one set of lights from the switch and immediately matching another switch currently available.

As for the Black HS220, it is still in the works and we should be able to give more information soon.

Options
Re:Group 2 Kasa switches so physical adjustments of one switch also causes same on other Kasa switch?
Friday

@Riley_S 

Thanks. I would think loading black plastic beads into a machine for creating the faceplate and three rocker switches could happen faster but who am I to judge?

Hopefully the ganging of dimmer-controls is a simple firmware update and not an entirely different switch.

Options