Configuration Guide What should I do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone
It can be divided into two parts: the basic configuration and the unstable connection issue.
For the basic configuration issue, below are some installation guidance.
For NC series camera:
1. How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?
2. How to connect the cloud camera to your router's wireless network via camera’s web interface?
For KASA camera:
1. Setup video.
2. How Do I Setup my Kasa Cam?
For Tapo C200
1. Setup video
2. How to set up the Tapo camera
3. How to manage your Tapo camera with the third-party software
1. The APP varies due to the different cameras. tpCamera app is available for NC series, KASA app for KASA camera and Tapo app for Tapo C200.
2. Please use the main router’s wifi password to configure it.
3. Please ensure that the OS version of the smart phone is up to date.
4. Try to hard reset the camera first and set it up.
5. Change another smart phone.
For the unstable connection issue, below are some suggestions.
1. Ensure that the camera gets good signal strength from the main router, and you can move it closer to the main router.
2. If all cameras lost connection at the same time, please confirm the stability of other wireless devices; and ensure that the firmware is up to date.
3. If only one camera lost connection, try to swap the locations between the cameras to verify whether it is the camera itself or the location/network environment.
4. Try to customize the wireless settings of the main router to optimize the wireless performance. Like wireless channel and channel width.
5. Try to reserve an IP for the camera on the web UI of the main router, you can contact the tech support of the main router to get some help.
6. Besides, you can refer to What should I do if I cannot control my Kasa device?
If the issue still exists, you can leave a comment below with the information needed or you can start a new thread on the community for further help.
A.The model number of the camera and how many cameras do you have in total and the affected camera.
B.The hardware and firmware version of the camera.
C.The troubleshooting methods you have tried and the results.
D.The model number of the main router.
E.The purchase date of the camera.