【Feature Request & BUG Fixes】TP-Link Smart Home Tapo Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-10 09:50:07 - last edited 2020-08-13 01:00:37
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Community Users and TP-Linkers,

this thread is not about a specific issue. I want to list all the feature requests and bugs that I red on this forum, so the successor can know the status of these feature request and bugs quickly. Also I want push TP-Link to pay attention to our users' voice. If you have want any features or find any bugs, please also comment on this thread, I will sort it here on the main page.

I don't have mature idea how this thread will be, I just start from a simple one, and I will improve it consistently.

I hope I can insist, but I am not sure, because I am not a full time worker here and I do this all for free. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

【Feature Request】

• [2020-04-10] Merge Tapo APP and Kass APP into one ecosystem and use one APP to control. @InvisibleTouch asked for this here, it's for plug, but the same requirement can be applied to Camera also.
  • [2020-04-10] Tapo camera need to support RTSP control URL@Patrik90 asked for this here. Now, TP-LINK camera can only support RTSP video URL, which is not enough for use in most scenarios.
  • [2020-04-26] Sound off
  • [2020-04-26] Change brightness settings
  • [2020-04-26] Voice notifications

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

【Bug List】

• [2020-04-10] Tapo C200 Motion Detection is too sensitive even the Sensitive Level is set to low, it can have some false positives@oldbod reported here. And meanwhile, @oldbod noticed the picture brightness changes sharply at or near the alert, but not sure if this are related. 
  • [2020-04-10] Tapo C100 Night Vision is not working as good as Tapo C200. @Rick1 reported here. The reason is not clear yet.
  • [2020-04-10] some of the Tapo C200 cannot be upgraded from 1.0.3 to newer version. The APP just say the FW is up to date which is not true. @Techbrewer reported here. And meanwhile the Tapo C200 with old 1.0.3 FW can keep dropping from the APP. The reason is unknown.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Feature Request & BUG Fixes】TP-Link Tapo C100 Camera urgent requests-Solution
2020-06-15 06:51:51 - last edited 2020-08-13 01:00:37

@TomBRS  @matthew.mfden  @ThomasF84 

Hello all,

All of your suggestions will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration. Thank you for your feedback.

For some "bugs", I will need to check further info:

1. Motion Detection is too sensitive. Please check and ensure you are always running the latest firmware and keep the Tapo app up-to-date.

2. Tapo C100 Night Vision is not working as good as Tapo C200. I think this is not true. The customer said "But the C100 with the ir led lights on is not visible. Why?" which sounds like the IR LED even is not on, we may contact him double-check.

3. some of the Tapo C200 cannot  be upgraded from 1.0.3 to newer versions. When updating the camera firmware, we need to ensure the camera is getting a good signal from router and the connection is quite stable, otherwise, there might be cases that it fails to finish the upgrade process. So move the camera more closer when updating its firmware.

4. Turn off IR LEDs. The IR LED cannot be turned off due to camera design. But if someone needs to put the camera in front of a window, we may only suggest him put the camera in Day Mode to turn off the IR LED.

5. Disable microphone. The camera microphone cannot be disabled, but you can minimize the camera volume to 0 as an alternative.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:【Feature Request & BUG Fixes】TP-Link Smart Home Tapo Camera
2020-04-26 18:51:50

【Feature Request】

• [2020-04-26] Sound off
  • [2020-04-26] Change brightness settings
  • [2020-04-26] Voice notifications
Options
Feature Request & BUG Fixes】TP-Link Tapo C100 Camera urgent requests
2020-06-11 12:14:27

@matthew.mfden 

Hi, some urgent feature requests for C100:

The camera works great EXCEPT these two things which make the camera fairly useless for me and useless for many others I suspect.

I have the camera inside (actually 3 cameras), pointing out through the windows, due to a threatening neighbour (but I am not allowed to mount cameras outside).

1) Turn off IR LEDs

Need an option to turn off IR LEDs in the Auto mode, so  that at night the IR LEDs do not turn on - the C100 is useless at night when used inside next to a window, pointing out.

In night mode, the reflection of the IR LEDs swamps the image; switching to Day mode is useless when it is dark - you can't see anything (not surprising).

This CAN'T be hard to do - the IR LEDs are already controlled programmatically: you can hear the relay switching them on / off.

2) Disable microphone

Need to be able to disable the audio recording / disable the microphone. This is because when used inside but pointing out of the window you don't want the audio recorded of those inside.

This also can't be that hard to do.

Privacy mode is no help as I need the cameras recording all the time.

It would be really appreciated as a neighbour has threatened me and has already smashed a window of mine; but I need video evidence of what he is doing.

Thanks

Options
Feature Request & BUG Fixes】TP-Link Tapo C100 Camera urgent requests-Solution
2020-06-15 06:51:51 - last edited 2020-08-13 01:00:37

@TomBRS  @matthew.mfden  @ThomasF84 

Hello all,

All of your suggestions will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration. Thank you for your feedback.

For some "bugs", I will need to check further info:

1. Motion Detection is too sensitive. Please check and ensure you are always running the latest firmware and keep the Tapo app up-to-date.

2. Tapo C100 Night Vision is not working as good as Tapo C200. I think this is not true. The customer said "But the C100 with the ir led lights on is not visible. Why?" which sounds like the IR LED even is not on, we may contact him double-check.

3. some of the Tapo C200 cannot  be upgraded from 1.0.3 to newer versions. When updating the camera firmware, we need to ensure the camera is getting a good signal from router and the connection is quite stable, otherwise, there might be cases that it fails to finish the upgrade process. So move the camera more closer when updating its firmware.

4. Turn off IR LEDs. The IR LED cannot be turned off due to camera design. But if someone needs to put the camera in front of a window, we may only suggest him put the camera in Day Mode to turn off the IR LED.

5. Disable microphone. The camera microphone cannot be disabled, but you can minimize the camera volume to 0 as an alternative.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-08-12 16:59:10

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

I'd like to add this for Feature Request. 

1. Motion Detection Notification Scheduling

I'd like to be notified for motion detection only on certain time or day. The alarm has this feature already so it would be great if you can add this to the notification as well cause I don't want to be bombarded with motion detection notification throughout the day.  

2. Motion Indicators on Playback's Video Progress Bar   

I have continuous recording 24/7 and reviewing footages can be cumbersome especially when you are trying to find that relevant 10-second scene on a 24-hour video. Even with the ability to set the speed to 16x, and configure the scrubbing rate by pinching or expanding the progress bar,  it would still be more convinient if there's a way to put indicators on the progress bar that tells a motion is going on. It could be as simple as a straight line on particular time when the motion detection is triggered or even better, a little menu that lists all timeframes where motion is detected and user can click on each for easier reviewing. 

Other than that, I'm happy with the camera quality. 

Thank you & have a nice day!

Options
2020-10-19 18:12:46

@TomBRS 

100% agree about need to turn off IR LEDs in Night Mode.

I also want to point cam out of window and illuminate outside with a separate IR lamp. Surely it has to be possible to offer an option in the firmware to be able to turn off IR LEDs in Night Mode? Day Mode is not good enough for night use in many cases (not surprisingly).

TP-Link Tapo Team, please can you add this feature? It's been asked for a lot in other forums and on Amazon Q&As and reviews.

Thanks

Max (UK)

Options
2020-10-20 03:30:07

@Max99 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We have reported to this feedback to the senior engineers already for further evaluation.

It might take some time to get it finally.

And if anymore who had the same request please feel free to follow this post to get more manpower to speed up the process.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-10-24 03:46:17

Feature Request - Multiple audio streams in grid view.

Just a usability feature which would be greatly appreciated. After "upgrading" from the Kasa camera, I have found the live grid view very handy for keeping an eye on our little ones. It would be great to be able to have the option to turn on or off live audio on all feeds, Currently, we just hear the highlighted one. (This is something which TinyCam does pretty well).

It would really elevate the usability of these cameras as baby monitors!

Thanks,

Matt

Options
2020-12-29 20:03:40

@Max99 Agree with this 100%. Please allow the option to turn off the IR LED manually (perhaps under advanced settings). 

Options
2021-02-25 09:50:53

Hi @matthew.mfden,

I am using a Tapo C200 Camera, hardware version 1.0 and firmware is 1.0.16.

Everything work good but one thing. When my internet connection in house lost and reconnect again. I can not access camera by using outside network anymore. Now I temporary fix by go back home, access camera by house's wifi and reset my cam, it will work again.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? I have another one, Yosee cam, it works fine.

Thank you guys, have a nice day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3227

Replies: 9