Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

334 Reply
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-09-25 21:10:35
Is there any update on this? I really want to get the AX23 but not without VPN Client support. How can they both be the 1800 but be a variant with different firmware. It's odd.
Options
2022-09-25 22:21:29

@Kevin_Z Do you think there's a way you could find out if it's to come? Thank you

Options
2022-09-26 03:19:31

GregSpinks wrote

Is there any update on this? I really want to get the AX23 but not without VPN Client support. How can they both be the 1800 but be a variant with different firmware. It's odd.

@GregSpinks Sorry, we haven't got any update on this yet. If the VPN Client feature is a must when picking up a router, it's strongly suggested to buy one that already supports it.

We have listed all the supported models in the following thread, you can check which one is within your budget and if it's available in your region:

Routers Supporting VPN Client

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-10-01 20:04:53

Kevin_Z wrote

DKV wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have AX11000 V1 EU version. Will Archer AX11000_V1.0_1.3.1 beta firmware work for my device version?

Thanks

@DKV  Yes, you can install the 1.3.1 beta firmware on your AX11000EU 1.0 to get back the VPN Client feature.

You can check my post here:

Discussion or Issue Report after Upgrading to latest official Archer AX11000 1.3.1 Build 20220721

@Kevin_Z OpenVPN works well, thank you! However L2TP/IPSec is not working for me(probably configured incorrectly, although I did everything according to the instructions).

P.S. I'm using ExpressVPN service.
P.S.S. I don't see any problems with other functions either.

Options
2022-10-07 19:23:10 - last edited 2022-10-07 19:25:22

@Kevin_Z  Hi, i,m new here.

I want to ask if there is a chance for my Archer AX10 EU V1.0 can get the VPN Client update in the future?

Thank you.

Options
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client
2022-10-08 05:14:46

@Lomtevas 

Does this official release also apply to the AX11000 v1.6 models as well or just the v1.0 models?  I don't see the official release on the website at all under the firmware download section.

Options
2022-10-08 08:15:22

JonasJoestarZ wrote

@Kevin_Z  Hi, i,m new here.

I want to ask if there is a chance for my Archer AX10 EU V1.0 can get the VPN Client update in the future?

Thank you.

@JonasJoestarZ 

Sorry, we haven't got any update on this yet. If the VPN Client feature is a must when picking up a router, it's strongly suggested to buy one that already supports it.

We have listed all the supported models in my original post and will update it once there are more models, you can check which one is within your budget and if it's available in your region:

Routers Supporting VPN Client

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client
2022-10-08 08:19:18

ghost13 wrote

@Lomtevas 

Does this official release also apply to the AX11000 v1.6 models as well or just the v1.0 models?  I don't see the official release on the website at all under the firmware download section.

@ghost13 

Are you referring to the beta firmware we provided in the original post? Yes, that beta firmware is available for both v1.0 and v1.6. You can also check the notes on the firmware upgrade page:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax11000/v1/#Firmware

Generally, Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8).

Options
2022-10-10 09:06:03

@Kevin_Z 

My AX1800 doesnt seem to have the VPN client option. Any clue as to how i resolve it?

Options
2022-10-10 11:14:59

@Rayan_L 

Your concern has been discussed here.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Related Articles