Deco APP Release Note

Deco APP Release Note

264 Reply
Re:Deco APP 3.0
2022-12-16 02:38:15

@David-TP does the X50-4G has the speed test feature? I just bought a new unit to replace my old MR600 4G router.

What a let down if it does not. Even the older M9 Plus I'm testing now has the feature. Come on. I can't believe it takes about one year to release just to release a new firmware update. Please look to other brands like Ubiquiti and Synology which releases regular updates.

TP-Link is incredibly poor when it comes to firmware and software updates. Hire more engineers, focus on your existing users.

Options
2022-12-16 04:49:29

@arktiknova 

same firmware disaster with x20s

Options
2022-12-21 12:08:01

@David-TP there a few bugs within the app itself, not showing the correct number of clients connected, not showing the throughput speeds

need to also be able to add a location to devices rather than have them linked to a user profile. you can assign locations to the limited smart devices, but not actual network devices.

ie switch - room1, ap - room 6, laptop - basement, etc, etc

Options
2022-12-21 13:26:45

@David-TP Here are more bugs and inconsistencies that have never been fixed. Very obvious issue and have not been noticed by TP-Link engineers? I can't believe how bad things are. There are more, and I'm compiling them before posting.

Here are two screenshots for "new devices added" to my new Deco X50-4G. Look at the icons. Then compare them to the third screenshot. Despite me changing the icons for the devices to match, they are never synced with the new devices added page.

Third screenshot here from my list of connected devices.

Options
2022-12-26 09:14:41 - last edited 2022-12-26 09:15:09

I don't think this is a bug.

The Newly Devices Detected display is a log from when devices connected to the network and the Deco's will identify and categorize them as well as they are able.

The Clients display is where you've modified some or all devices to be shown with a custom name and/or item.

Logs *should* be immutable.

Options
2022-12-26 10:06:55

@naenee It is a bug, look closely again.

1. When new devices join the network, Deco assigns them a category (but here the catogories go horribly wrong).

2. If Deco cannot get this assigning devices category task right, THEN just just don't give then don't give them any categories, AND let user decide after.

3. AFTER manually assigning the categories of the new devices, the "NEW DEVICE DETECTED" entries do not tally, correspond or match the newly assigned categories for these devices. This is plain lazy work.

4. Please check other apps or services. Such things get patched fast. TP-Link engineers or testers should have picked this up IF THEY HAVE TESTED OR USED their own products themselves. Very disappointed as a user who have owned four different routers in four years now (MR200, MR600 and now Deco X50-4G and M9 Plus).

Options
2022-12-26 17:38:24

@Louis5 

After the firmware upgrade, I have the same message about the Ethernet cable. Everything seems to be working fine, not sure what the message means?

Options
2022-12-27 14:00:15

@David-TP The app needs built-in dark mode support

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2022-12-28 07:02:47

@ImtiazAli 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. It will support Dark Mode very soon on the Deco APP.

Mbauer5, Hi, As for the message, do you mean something like "please change the Ethernet cable"? If yes, then Deco might detect the current Ethernet link speed between the cable modem and main Deco is below 100m/s.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-12-28 12:33:50

to others having issues with the number of devices connected to a node displaying, do any of you use smarthome devices like lights?

I had similar issue with hue lights connected via bridge, various ones started reporting unreachable and I was also getting the number of devices disappearing from the nodes after a few seconds. since removing the smarthome devices, my lights are working as intended and number of devices are now listed on each node.

Options

Tags

Related Articles