EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-07 10:58:31

@Liverpool20 @TechThomas 

Thank You. But is not possible because I change A6 V2 due to poor coverage. 

I must buy second AX53. 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-07 12:15:08

@Julio_Camargo 

You made it. yes Thank you very much for sharing the configuration details. I'm confident to say Onemesh is compatible with EasyMesh when the main router is Onemesh.devil

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-07 12:17:29

Kamiluu wrote

@Liverpool20 @TechThomas 

Thank You. But is not possible because I change A6 V2 due to poor coverage. 

I must buy second AX53. 

@Kamiluu I see. You can try to use the AX53 as the main router and the A6 V2 as the satellite to see if you can connect them together via WPS.

If no, then you need to purchase another EasyMesh router. A6 V2 is hardly to receive new EasyMesh firmware. It's quite an old version and may not get newer firmware updates.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-07 12:18:11

@LionSapporo 

Waiting.....

Options
2023-07-12 10:51:46

I was finally able to test EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul on two Archer C80s. Both are HW v2.20, so I upgraded the FW to the latest.

First I connected all devices to the main C80, then defined the secondary C80 as a satellite router from the web GUI.

First, the satelite device was not found by the main router, so I connected it just to power near the main unit and this helped. I got one mesh device, but over wireless backhaul.

Turned the satelite unit off, connected it with a RJ45 to the WAN port and powered it on. After not so short time, the main router found the satelite in the EasyMesh settings, full connection which seemed over cable. So far so good, BUT whenever the satellite router is ON, the connection get very laggy and unstable, I get warning messages on most of the internet dependend software on my desktop, which is also connected over rj45 to the main router. Whenever I switch it off - internet connection works very smooth.

Any ideas what I might try to work around this slowness? @Kevin_Z @Thom_NL 

Options
2023-07-12 12:15:27

@Kevin_Z 

I posted a while ago under the "App" section on your website, no one has replied to date, can you advise please?

Thanks

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/612160

Options
2023-07-12 18:01:37

Hi @g3n0,

What you can do 

Update all devices, if not done 

Then reset the satellite.

Press WPS on the main, then on the satellite.

The satellite should be connected to the main by the WAN port.

Good luck,

Thom

Options
2023-07-12 19:25:09

@Kevin_Z
I have AX53 (fw v1.2.2) as main I want to connect an AX10(fw v1.3.8) as satellite, both have easymesh,

but how/when can I do this with Ethernet backhaul?

Options
2023-07-13 06:21:56

hi   @Neikon,

Be sure to have the latest firmware for both  ( AX53 and AX10 ).

AX53 Firmware

AX10 Firmware

Good luck,

Thom

Options
2023-07-13 07:06:49

Neikon wrote

@Kevin_Z
I have AX53 (fw v1.2.2) as main I want to connect an AX10(fw v1.3.8) as satellite, both have easymesh,

but how/when can I do this with Ethernet backhaul?

@Neikon Neither AX53 nor AX10 supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul at the moment. They can only build up the mesh network via wireless at the moment.

Or you can configure the AX10 as an Access Point (Here is the guide), then connect it to the main AX53 with an Ethernet cable to get a dedicated wired connection between the two.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options